Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pottstown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    My wifeís car broke down on the side of the road in Lower Pottsgrove a few weeks ago. I had to come pick her up until we could come back and sort it out. Since it was a heater hose blown off we could let it cool and move it to the side where the officer said she could leave it.

    Since it was early morning, busy and nowhere else to really park the cop asked me to park up the street in my vehicle ( too far to walk ) and he would take me down to her. I was appendix carrying a Glock 19 as always and wasnít expecting to get into his car. But, since I was I told him before hand. He looks at me and says ďdo you mind taking it off in the holster and Iíll put it in my trunk until we get down there?Ē I did, he thanked me. After we get out of his car he handed it back to me and thanked me again. He did ask for my CCW and I showed it to him.

    I know I didnít have to inform him but it seemed like the rite thing to do. If I was a cop I wouldnít want someone I didnít know behind my uncuffed in my cruiser with a loaded firearm. Overall a good experience and a professional police officer.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    nretsaehtuos, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    59
    Posts
    6,728
    Rep Power
    21474853

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    (Lehigh County)
    Posts
    1,497
    Rep Power
    21474842

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyntech View Post
    My wife’s car broke down on the side of the road in Lower Pottsgrove a few weeks ago. I had to come pick her up until we could come back and sort it out. Since it was a heater hose blown off we could let it cool and move it to the side where the officer said she could leave it.

    Since it was early morning, busy and nowhere else to really park the cop asked me to park up the street in my vehicle ( too far to walk ) and he would take me down to her. I was appendix carrying a Glock 19 as always and wasn’t expecting to get into his car. But, since I was I told him before hand. He looks at me and says “do you mind taking it off in the holster and I’ll put it in my trunk until we get down there?” I did, he thanked me. After we get out of his car he handed it back to me and thanked me again. He did ask for my CCW and I showed it to him.

    I know I didn’t have to inform him but it seemed like the rite thing to do. If I was a cop I wouldn’t want someone I didn’t know behind my uncuffed in my cruiser with a loaded firearm. Overall a good experience and a professional police officer.
    Since you were riding in his car, it seems notification was appropriate. The lack of drama is a good thing. Glad it went well for you.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
    (Chester County)
    Age
    59
    Posts
    1,854
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    My fraternity brother is a Sergeant at LPGPD. Good guy, except for those times I had to put him to bed drunk... back in the day.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USN Retired, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    2,851
    Rep Power
    21474848

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    hummmm

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    My fraternity brother is a Sergeant at LPGPD. Good guy, except for those times I had to put him to bed drunk... back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Pottstown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    Yeah Iím sure Iíll get the ole ďbUT dID yoU hAvE to LeT HiM KnOW THEEpEr goodness and he was stomping on my rights...But he wasnít and I thought it was the rite thing to do. Normally I know itís not worth the hassle to let them know and none of their business but, I was getting into his car.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    next to my neighbor, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    8,479
    Rep Power
    21474856

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyntech View Post
    Yeah I’m sure I’ll get the ole “bUT dID yoU hAvE to LeT HiM KnOW THEEpEr goodness and he was stomping on my rights...But he wasn’t and I thought it was the rite thing to do. Normally I know it’s not worth the hassle to let them know and none of their business but, I was getting into his car.
    Obviously you are a good guy, he had nothing to worry about.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Palmerton, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    283127

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyntech View Post
    My wife’s car broke down on the side of the road in Lower Pottsgrove a few weeks ago. I had to come pick her up until we could come back and sort it out. Since it was a heater hose blown off we could let it cool and move it to the side where the officer said she could leave it.

    Since it was early morning, busy and nowhere else to really park the cop asked me to park up the street in my vehicle ( too far to walk ) and he would take me down to her. I was appendix carrying a Glock 19 as always and wasn’t expecting to get into his car. But, since I was I told him before hand. He looks at me and says “do you mind taking it off in the holster and I’ll put it in my trunk until we get down there?” I did, he thanked me. After we get out of his car he handed it back to me and thanked me again. He did ask for my CCW and I showed it to him.

    I know I didn’t have to inform him but it seemed like the rite thing to do. If I was a cop I wouldn’t want someone I didn’t know behind my uncuffed in my cruiser with a loaded firearm. Overall a good experience and a professional police officer.
    Several of my relatives were Cops so I tend to side with them, though not always. Good to know there is civility on both sides still out there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,285
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Obviously you are a good guy, he had nothing to worry about.
    Can I borrow your Crystal Ball, so I too will know who all the good people are.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    15,906
    Rep Power
    21474863

    Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Can I borrow your Crystal Ball, so I too will know who all the good people are.
    It's the same ball that we use to determine who the good cops are.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. negative encounter- lower pottsgrove police
    By Schiery24 in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: January 14th, 2014, 09:39 AM
  2. long shot in Lower Pottsgrove
    By HJM52 in forum Montgomery
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 24th, 2011, 11:01 AM
  3. Quick/Good LEO Encounter - Limerick Township, PA
    By Gangle in forum Concealed Carry
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: May 29th, 2010, 12:56 AM
  4. Lower Pottsgrove sportsmen association
    By TcRoc in forum General
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: October 29th, 2009, 04:19 PM
  5. Lower Pottsgrove Sportsmen Assoc.
    By jpinto101 in forum General
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: June 18th, 2008, 10:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops