My wife’s car broke down on the side of the road in Lower Pottsgrove a few weeks ago. I had to come pick her up until we could come back and sort it out. Since it was a heater hose blown off we could let it cool and move it to the side where the officer said she could leave it.

Since it was early morning, busy and nowhere else to really park the cop asked me to park up the street in my vehicle ( too far to walk ) and he would take me down to her. I was appendix carrying a Glock 19 as always and wasn’t expecting to get into his car. But, since I was I told him before hand. He looks at me and says “do you mind taking it off in the holster and I’ll put it in my trunk until we get down there?” I did, he thanked me. After we get out of his car he handed it back to me and thanked me again. He did ask for my CCW and I showed it to him.

I know I didn’t have to inform him but it seemed like the rite thing to do. If I was a cop I wouldn’t want someone I didn’t know behind my uncuffed in my cruiser with a loaded firearm. Overall a good experience and a professional police officer.