Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

My wife’s car broke down on the side of the road in Lower Pottsgrove a few weeks ago. I had to come pick her up until we could come back and sort it out. Since it was a heater hose blown off we could let it cool and move it to the side where the officer said she could leave it.

Since it was early morning, busy and nowhere else to really park the cop asked me to park up the street in my vehicle ( too far to walk ) and he would take me down to her. I was appendix carrying a Glock 19 as always and wasn’t expecting to get into his car. But, since I was I told him before hand. He looks at me and says “do you mind taking it off in the holster and I’ll put it in my trunk until we get down there?” I did, he thanked me. After we get out of his car he handed it back to me and thanked me again. He did ask for my CCW and I showed it to him.

I know I didn’t have to inform him but it seemed like the rite thing to do. If I was a cop I wouldn’t want someone I didn’t know behind my uncuffed in my cruiser with a loaded firearm. Overall a good experience and a professional police officer.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Good encounter Lower Pottsgrove Township

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Llewellyntech View Post
    My wife’s car broke down on the side of the road in Lower Pottsgrove a few weeks ago. I had to come pick her up until we could come back and sort it out. Since it was a heater hose blown off we could let it cool and move it to the side where the officer said she could leave it.

Since it was early morning, busy and nowhere else to really park the cop asked me to park up the street in my vehicle ( too far to walk ) and he would take me down to her. I was appendix carrying a Glock 19 as always and wasn’t expecting to get into his car. But, since I was I told him before hand. He looks at me and says “do you mind taking it off in the holster and I’ll put it in my trunk until we get down there?” I did, he thanked me. After we get out of his car he handed it back to me and thanked me again. He did ask for my CCW and I showed it to him.

I know I didn’t have to inform him but it seemed like the rite thing to do. If I was a cop I wouldn’t want someone I didn’t know behind my uncuffed in my cruiser with a loaded firearm. Overall a good experience and a professional police officer.
    Since you were riding in his car, it seems notification was appropriate. The lack of drama is a good thing. Glad it went well for you.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Chester County)

My fraternity brother is a Sergeant at LPGPD. Good guy, except for those times I had to put him to bed drunk... back in the day.

(Monroe County)

hummmm

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    My fraternity brother is a Sergeant at LPGPD. Good guy, except for those times I had to put him to bed drunk... back in the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Montgomery County)

Yeah I’m sure I’ll get the ole “bUT dID yoU hAvE to LeT HiM KnOW THEEpEr goodness and he was stomping on my rights...But he wasn’t and I thought it was the rite thing to do. Normally I know it’s not worth the hassle to let them know and none of their business but, I was getting into his car.

Yeah I’m sure I’ll get the ole “bUT dID yoU hAvE to LeT HiM KnOW THEEpEr goodness and he was stomping on my rights...But he wasn’t and I thought it was the rite thing to do. Normally I know it’s not worth the hassle to let them know and none of their business but, I was getting into his car.
    Obviously you are a good guy, he had nothing to worry about.

(Carbon County)

Several of my relatives were Cops so I tend to side with them, though not always. Good to know there is civility on both sides still out there.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    Obviously you are a good guy, he had nothing to worry about.
    Can I borrow your Crystal Ball, so I too will know who all the good people are.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Can I borrow your Crystal Ball, so I too will know who all the good people are.
    It's the same ball that we use to determine who the good cops are.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast