Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Any new info on the Smith Victory?

It came in like gangbusters when released but I have not heard much about them in a while.

Does anyone here have one and have you put it through the paces? Is it as good as the Ruger's? Does it stay together during shooting sessions or does it work itself apart? Any information would be appreciated. I am still interested in one but not as enthusiastically as when they dropped. A semi auto .22 is on my short list, third from the top.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Any new info on the Smith Victory?

I have one, works like a champ. The feel is very comfortable in my hand and the fiber optic sights really stand out. You'll have no trouble picking out those sights in any light condition. Oh and it's very accurate, It's a tack driver. For field stripping it's as advertised, one screw take down. But for a through cleaning (think dirty .22 ammo) there is another screw to let everything apart. The only con I can think of is that the mag springs seem weak, maybe a little squishy. I haven't had any issue with them, they just feel light. I've shot CCI, Fed match, Fed bulk and Rem thunderbolts and all cycled properly. I would certainly recommend a Victory to anyone.
    (edit) Forgot to mention , I have about 2500 rounds through mine.

Smit
    Last edited by smit308; February 11th, 2018 at 05:35 PM. Reason: added a line

(Delaware County)

How about the early reports of the screw working loose and having to be tightened during range sessions? Have you had that happen at all?

pretty much what 308 said. I had the take down screw come loose but i just put a rubber o ring on the screw and solved that problem. I do like the gun and shoot it with a suppressor most of the the time . And it seems to like bulk ammo .

(Lackawanna County)

I have a S&W Victory. My brother has a Ruger Mark IV Target.

Why has the S&W fallen off the radar a little? Well, the release of a Ruger that can be field stripped and reassembled without a hammer, set of tools, and an engineering degree.

I love my Victory and would recommend it to anyone. I think it has a slightly better trigger than the Mark IV.

My cousin had two the 1st he bought from Tanners and was a POS right from the box with a ton of issues. He sent it back to Smith they sent him another and the 2nd had all the same issues as the 1st regardless of what ammunition that was put through it. He took it back to Tanners took a significant loss on the trade in and went to a Buckmark when they were having their massive rebates in the fall of 2017.

That all being said I know many people with this pistol and have shot quite a few of them myself and he is the only one unlucky enough to get two lemons. If I were in the market for a .22lr pistol right now I would still consider one for myself based on how well they shoot for the price the cost.

(Delaware County)

I like Smiths and Rugers so the decision is a bit hard for me. The Ruger has the history but I like the modular nature of the Smith. I havre not handled either yet so I guess that is the next step if I get to number three on my list this year.

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I like Smiths and Rugers so the decision is a bit hard for me. The Ruger has the history but I like the modular nature of the Smith. I havre not handled either yet so I guess that is the next step if I get to number three on my list this year.
    If you ever make it out to the reading area you are more than welcome to shoot my victory or ruger mk3 lite.

(Allegheny County)

IMHO Smith makes a great .22, it's called the Model 41. Other than that I'd take a MKIII or IV any day of the week.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by eddyb74 View Post
    IMHO Smith makes a great .22, it's called the Model 41. Other than that I'd take a MKIII or IV any day of the week.
    Much more expensive than what I would pay for a .22 semi. Why would you choose the Ruger over the Smith?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast