Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Paranoia About Transporting Through Liberal Anti Gun States

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    So as long as your driving nice the other felony is no biggie? If your going to NY/NJ and staying there FOPA does not cover you. ...
    Rosco FOPA covers you in these states if it is followed.. problem is if they find it YOU WILL go to jail and once in court they will drop the charges and never give you the run around on getting, if ever, your firearm back

Of course driving into the Lincoln Tunnel with a neon colored truck, 2nd Amendment sticker and gun dealer stickers all over it, loaded handguns and dope inside would not be advised .. *shaking my head*

Other than folks getting busted at NYC and NJ airports during layovers and diverted flights..
    Last year there was one where a guy stayed at a hotel in some NJ Poop Hole. Left his pistol in the room when he checked out. Called the hotel and asked if the cleaning person found it.. room had not yet been cleaned.
    He drove back and was greeted by NJ's finest who had his WMD laying on the hood of their car.. that one is still in court because he was claiming FOPA and stopping for the night as being the same with stopping for gas or food.

I will have to search and see if I can find what came of it
    Last edited by Parrisk; February 12th, 2018 at 05:46 PM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Paranoia About Transporting Through Liberal Anti Gun States

There is a certain amount of paranoia involved. People who frequent Poofa know more than 99.99% of the population. And the other 0.001% are not in prison for gun charges (except for the felons that should already be in jail). Don't get me wrong.........I have always been a law abiding citizen! But with the convoluted laws its a crapshoot what actually happens.

I went to a party at a friends house at a farm in NJ. Someone from DE brought a pistol and a lot of people shot it and were having fun. It wasn't until later when I told the guy he will go to jail for at least 3 years if they find it when he was going home till he got a white look. I could have been in the same situation! I brought my pellet pistol to the party a few years before that (and before I started frequenting Poofa).

I am sure we all have similar stories.............

And i am not advocating you break the law even assuming you know if you are.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345