Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Paranoia About Transporting Through Liberal Anti Gun States

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    They got pulled over for a "cracked windshield" :P
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    They got pulled over for a "cracked windshield" :P
    That's a sure sign that there was a crack commando unit inside.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by eyecanshoot View Post
    Because he is freaking out.

(Montgomery County)

(Berks County)

Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Susquehanna County)

I agree and I am but ...

read and know the Federal Transportation of Firearms Act. Follow closely those words.. worse case is you get arrested then released and lose your firearm.. if you follow the rules..

My paranoia comes from just passing through and something stupid, like a totally safe, DACA, unlicensed, uninsured, driver runs into my car causing it to be towed "ah, cough cough, ah, officer, ah I need to retrieve something from the storage area"
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

I do the journey back to the land of no freedom almost ever weekend.

Follow FOPA as much as possible; gun locked, in a locked case, in the trunk. And usually stashed in a backpack as to avoid any immediate red flags.

Biggest thing, get over the paranoia. If you drive the speed limit and give no reason to be pulled over, you won't. (On average) If you do get pulled over, give the officer no reason to search your car, and if they as, remember your rights against searches without warrant.

In the end of the day, if you follow the law as correctly as you can, what do you have to be paranoid about? (very statist I know)
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    I do the journey back to the land of no freedom almost ever weekend.

Follow FOPA as much as possible; gun locked, in a locked case, in the trunk. And usually stashed in a backpack as to avoid any immediate red flags.

Biggest thing, get over the paranoia. If you drive the speed limit and give no reason to be pulled over, you won't. (On average) If you do get pulled over, give the officer no reason to search your car, and if they as, remember your rights against searches without warrant.

In the end of the day, if you follow the law as correctly as you can, what do you have to be paranoid about? (very statist I know)
    Why do you carry a gun? What do you have to be paranoid about?

We don't carry firearms for the likelihood of a problem. We plan ahead for the consequences if we don't.

(Venango County)

Does FOPA have limitations? Does it protect you against serious breakdowns? What if a part won't arrive for a day or two? Can you go to a hotel, or must you clear the state by taking a ride or cab and then come back? What if you are on (were on) leased vehicles like a bus, cab, train or plane?

Are you protected if you are diabetic and have a serious low and need to stop to load up on some carbs before you pass out? What about other medical emergencies or sudden diarrhea even? We would hope the hosting state we were in would be reasonable. From what I have read, most anti states do not seem to want to be reasonable in applying laws. They want to send a message: Stop bringing firearms into and through our Damned State. Perhaps it is paranoia, but I'll avoid those states as much as possible and not have to chance any consequences. Money is the only way to vote in a capitalist marketplace. I give them the finger by not spending any money or time there.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    Does FOPA have limitations? Does it protect you against serious breakdowns? What if a part won't arrive for a day or two? Can you go to a hotel, or must you clear the state by taking a ride or cab and then come back? What if you are on (were on) leased vehicles like a bus, cab, train or plane?

Are you protected if you are diabetic and have a serious low and need to stop to load up on some carbs before you pass out? What about other medical emergencies or sudden diarrhea even? We would hope the hosting state we were in would be reasonable. From what I have read, most anti states do not seem to want to be reasonable in applying laws. They want to send a message: Stop bringing firearms into and through our Damned State. Perhaps it is paranoia, but I'll avoid those states as much as possible and not have to chance any consequences. Money is the only way to vote in a capitalist marketplace. I give them the finger by not spending any money or time there.
    There was a case several years ago in NJ, where a guy was flying with his gun in luggage and he had to do a plane change in NJ.
    When he landed in NJ to change planes, there was a problem and his connecting flight was cancelled.
    He was stranded overnight in NJ with his luggage and told to stay in a hotel until his rescheduled flight the next day.
    He took his luggage and his properly transported gun to the hotel as instructed.
    When he returned to the airport the next day for his rescheduled flight, he was arrested for illegal possession of a firearm in NJ.
    The judge said that he understood the guy did not plan to violate NJ firearm law, but that he had no choice and must uphold the charges against the traveler.
    There was no provision in the NJ gun law to allow for a stranded traveler to leave the airport and go to a hotel with a firearm.
    This was several years ago, I do not know the final outcome of the case.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast