Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    (Juniata County)

Default Re: Personal Carry Revolver Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by ThePiperOfSeville View Post
    I generally carry an LCP, but it bounces around when I shoot it (It's tiny) & I feel a little under-gunned with it. I understand just the presence of a pistol to a bad guy is generally enough, but I want to carry a revolver. Is there anyone here who carries a revolver, and if so, which one? Thanks!
    I'll only say this once. If you want a small gun you don't want a revolver. A snub nose is an experts gun if you want to hit anything farther then you could can spit. I made that mistake.

I would also say that if you want a powerful gun, nothing comes close to a magnum, even the almighty 10mm only gets to the weakest magnum loads. So if you're going to open carry (like we all know you should), then you'll never be wrong with a revolver that says magnum. And if any gun is going to make someone reconsider their poor life choices when it is pointed at them, it is a .44.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

I carry a Model 60 at times, or an SP101, both in 3'

Rick
    Last edited by RLS; February 28th, 2018 at 05:03 PM.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I am seeing more and more the advantages of a revolver over a semiauto based simply on the pace at which individual states and cities are moving to restrict magazine capacities and even numbers of rounds in a magazine. For sure, New York where seven rounds are the limit and and ten round mags......you can find yourself in violation by simply crossing the border to go to dinner. How silly is it that you have to stop and removed several rounds before crossing the border. As if those rounds are the difference between you being a felon or not. I have a Ruger Security Six but that is too large and cumbersome for a conceal carry.
    10 round mag limit, but you can legally carry 11.. they dropped the 7 round crap after LE lost in a court when they unloaded a magazine and arrested a guy at a traffic stop 2 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Yes, this is true unless you are qualified under LEOSA. My understanding is that LEOSA does not exempt from magazine capacities?
    That would be correct. LEOSA must still follow local laws on magazines, ammo, etc .. was told by a NJSP Trooper they advise LEOSA covered folks to carry Hornady Critical Defense with the Teflon nubby in the HP.. because technically it is not considered a HP .. I would rather just stay the hell out of NJ
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Taurus 605 snub .357 and it is very accurate even with .357mag

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post

I have not been able to carry it yet. I am having a bit of difficulty finding the correct holster online...
    Might want to try your local kydex holster maker, they should be able to do a one-off bespoke holster for you. Try Phlster, not sure if they still do custom work.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    More rounds, faster reloads.
    "Faster reloads" with a speed loader, all that needs to be done is empty the spent shells and insert the live ammo and you are ready. There is no need to pull the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by PAMedic=F|A= View Post
    I'll only say this once. If you want a small gun you don't want a revolver. A snub nose is an experts gun if you want to hit anything farther then you could can spit. I made that mistake.

I would also say that if you want a powerful gun, nothing comes close to a magnum, even the almighty 10mm only gets to the weakest magnum loads. So if you're going to open carry (like we all know you should), then you'll never be wrong with a revolver that says magnum. And if any gun is going to make someone reconsider their poor life choices when it is pointed at them, it is a .44.
    I'm glad you are only going to say it once, it is too silly to repeat.

Rick

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345