Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default 2 officers shot in North Philadelphia

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6408148

2 officers shot in North Philadelphia

Tuesday, September 23, 2008 | 3:19 PM

Suspected shooter was pronounced dead at the scene

NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 23, 2008 (WPVI) -- Two Philadelphia highway patrol officers have been shot and one is listed in critical condition after a shooting in North Philadelphia.
    Philadelphia Police tell Action News that the incident happened around 1:45 this afternoon in the 2200 block of North Colorado.
    Two wounded officers were transported to Temple University Hospital. One officer was shot three times and was wounded in the head and in the chest. That officer is now listed in critical condition.
    The other officer was shot in the hip and is listed in stable condition.
    Police say there were two suspects. One is dead and the other is in custody. The dead suspect's body was found at 17th and Dauphin, a number of blocks away from the shooting scene.
    Action News has learned that officers were responding to a report of a man with a gun.
    The rest of the circumstances of this shooting are still unknown.
    Some people on the scene who spoke to Action News say they heard gunshots and shouting, but they did not see what happened.
    It has been a violent month for the Philadelphia Police Department.
    It was back on September 5th that a crash in the Mantua section of the city killed Officer Isabel Nazario and injured her partner, Officer Terry Tull.
    The suspect in that case, Andre Butler, was arrested.
    Additionally, two other officers were killed in the past year.
    On May 3rd, 2008, Police Sergeant Stephen Liczbinski was shot and killed while responding to a robbery at a supermarket bank in Port Richmond
    On Halloween, 2007, Officer Chuck Cassidy was shot in the head, and killed, when he walked into a robbery at a Dunkin Donuts, in West Mount Airy

Peace is the the first choice of a wise man; superior firepower a close second. ~ Me

(Philadelphia County)

Default 2 officers shot in North Philadelphia

The shootings happened in the 2200 block of Colorado Street.

Both officers were taken to Temple University Hospital, authorities said.

Officer Patrick McDonald, 30, was killed, authorities said. Another officer, Richard Bowes, 35, was shot in the leg and expected to recover.

McDonald is the fourth city officer to die in the line of duty in the last year. Officer Isabel Nazario, Sgt. Stephen Liczbinski and Officer Chuck Cassidy were the others.

"We cannot continue this kind of behavior in this city," Mayor Michael Nutter said at a news conference Tuesday afternoon. "We are deeply saddened, we are hurt, we are in pain and we are angry about what is going on in our city."

Authorities said McDonald called for backup at 1:45 p.m. They believe he was already shot multiple times at that point. He was pronounced dead at 2:08 p.m.

Bowes was one of the officers who responded to McDonald's call for back up, police said. He chased a gunman and was hit as they exchanged gunfire.

Bowes was in stable condition at Temple, Nutter said.

McDonald was an eight-year veteran of the force and Bowes has been an officer for 12 years, police said.

One suspect was shot dead at 17th and Dauphin streets and an automatic weapon was recovered at the scene, police said.

Police also said they were looking for a burgundy 1995 Buick with the Pennsylvania tag GVH 7189.
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: 2 officers shot in North Philadelphia

i hope they get the other guy !!

i was in south philly about 2 hours after this happened and talking to the stock room clerk while unloading my trailer...

from what Nutter said i can only see the 2A fight getting harder in that city.

on a side note: as the young man and i were talking about this i was expressing my views that its a shame that this happened and i hope they get the ones responsible, he added that " ya man it's a shame that they want to take the guns away from the people that just want to be safe, you know they (bg's) gonna shoot and kill a cop it be easier to shoot and kill us"

i agreed and unloaded the rest of his load and got out of philly !!
    Tigers love pepper, they don't like cinnamon !

(Philadelphia County)

You know i was thinking the same thing. This will only make Nutter try to ws to try and stop legal gun owners from protecting them selves.
    It is better to have and not need then to need and not have. ROCK GLOCK!

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Angry Re: 2 officers shot in North Philadelphia

It's a damn shame this happened. The scumbag that shot the cop had been arrested multiple times for agg assault in relation to drug charges. While in prison he was charged with several other crimes and I believe at some point was convicted on two counts of rape. Why in the hell was he back on the streets?

The damn mayor was on the news this morning with bullshit spewing from his mouth. Using this officer's death as a platform to preach that we need stricter gun laws. Cause you know that would have kept this shit stain from using a .45 semi-auto (said in an ominous tone on the news this morning) and unloading the "clip" (again that's what the reporter said grrrr) on two officers. The one thing I was happy to hear was the officer shot in the hip took the BG out after being shot. I was happy that this officer was able to fight on after having his hip shattered.

Quote Originally Posted by adymond View Post
    It's a damn shame this happened. The scumbag that shot the cop had been arrested multiple times for agg assault in relation to drug charges. While in prison he was charged with several other crimes and I believe at some point was convicted on two counts of rape. Why in the hell was he back on the streets?

The damn mayor was on the news this morning with bullshit spewing from his mouth. Using this officer's death as a platform to preach that we need stricter gun laws. Cause you know that would have kept this shit stain from using a .45 semi-auto (said in an ominous tone on the news this morning) and unloading the "clip" (again that's what the reporter said grrrr) on two officers. The one thing I was happy to hear was the officer shot in the hip took the BG out after being shot. I was happy that this officer was able to fight on after having his hip shattered.
    nutter also said, how are these bad guys getting guns? they shouldnt be allowed to have them (no shit) so we need stricter gun laws.... here we go again. blame it on the guns

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    nutter also said, how are these bad guys getting guns? they shouldnt be allowed to have them (no shit) so we need stricter gun laws.... here we go again. blame it on the guns
    Gotta give Nutter credit: The longer he gives the masses this pacifier to suck on, the longer he doesn't have to do anything about the actual problem. Standard Democrat playbook.

(Bucks County)

Yesireee the dude broke every gun law on the books so let's add another. He woulda listened then !!! So ridiculous it's nauseating.

(Chester County)

I heard about this yesterday shortly after it happened. From what i understand the BG unloaded the whole mag on the officer, but the shitty part iheard was the officer was shot down, then the guy came up and continued shootinghim after he was down. Unfortunately i can't rememberthe source of that, so i could very well be wrong.

They saidon FOX last night that the gun was purchased in South Carolina, the product of a "straw purchase" they stated. They also said the BG's last offense was assaulting a police officer. The flaw is in they system, not the gun laws.

Here's what bothers me. Instead of reporting the news, FOX was all gung ho about stating like 10 times "Log onto the website and see shocking photos of the crime seen within minutes after the event". I mean, i know people look at that stuff, but it's just so disrespectful i feel.

(Delaware County)

The dead killer was able to escape from 4 officers in august of this year and two of the officers required medical threatment.
    And this guy was let out on the streets.

http://www.ppdonline.org/showdocumen...e=pressrelease

August 29, 2008
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    WANTED FOR ASSAULT ON POLICE
    On Wednesday, August 27, 2008, at approximately 1:00pm, Highway Patrol Officers were on patrol in
    uniform in the area of 2200 W. Seybert Street. The officers observed a 2008 Dodge Charger fail to
    properly signal a turn onto 2300 W. Seybert Street. The officers initiated a vehicle stop on 2400 W.
    Seybert Street. The driver initially stopped on signal, however, when the officers approached on foot,
    the driver shifted the vehicle into drive and fled. The officers pursued the Dodge Charger to 2200 W.
    Jefferson Street at which point the B/M exited the car and continued to flee on foot into 1536 N. 23rd
    Street. Inside the residence four officers were assaulted during a violent struggle with the male at
    which time he escaped. Two of the four officers required hospital treatment for injuries to their back,
    neck and arms.
    The offender was subsequently identified as Daniel Giddings aka Da’Neal Giddings 27/B/M, 6’1”,
    245lbs, muscular build, medium brown complexion with a beard. Giddings has the following tattoos:
    “RIP MACK” on his left bicep, “Theresa” on his right bicep and an unknown tattoo on his left
    forearm.
    Giddings was last seen in the area of 23rd and Jefferson Streets and is known to frequent the following
    locations: 25th & Cecil B. Moore, 4700 Griscom Street, 1100 N 66th Street and 5500 Chew Avenue.
    Giddings should be considered extremely dangerous and has been known to carry firearms.
    Anyone with information please contact: Central Detective Division 215-686-3047/686-3093.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast