Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Would You Shoot This Pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I have this Swiss Sig P210-6 that I bought around 1995 or so. Its test target is dated Nov 1982 and the best I can tell it has not been fired since then. There is no powder smell, no residue that I can see. I bought it out of Canada and it is not import stamped at all. I paid the going price for it back then and just kept it in the safe. As I get older I start to think about what I'm going to do with my stuff and am starting to change my way of thinking. It might be worth more NIB but if it's still in the safe on my last day value has no meaning to me. Now I know it's not going to be as much fun to shoot as the semi-auto rifles are but it is supposed to be a very accurate, well built machine and should work well. I'm leaning towards breaking its cherry, any thoughts?

Attachment 105061
    Weren't these shipped with a test target showing the accuracy of the pistol? Which means it's been fired. Who's to know it's been fired since?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    Weren't these shipped with a test target showing the accuracy of the pistol? Which means it's been fired. Who's to know it's been fired since?
    Yes, I don't know how they cleaned it but I could never get mine as clean as this one is. I would expect that a firearms aficionado would look at things like wear on the slide to determine how many times it had cycled. I gots a brainstorm...I'm looking for a buyer for it who wants to take me shooting right after the trade.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Yes, I don't know how they cleaned it but I could never get mine as clean as this one is. I would expect that a firearms aficionado would look at things like wear on the slide to determine how many times it had cycled. I gots a brainstorm...I'm looking for a buyer for it who wants to take me shooting right after the trade.
    The problem with that idea is that once you shoot it, you will have regretted selling it in the first place. Sure, you could buy a new P210, but it won't be the same as your Swiss made P210-6. Shoot it first. You know you wanna....

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The problem with that idea is that once you shoot it, you will have regretted selling it in the first place. Sure, you could buy a new P210, but it won't be the same as your Swiss made P210-6. Shoot it first. You know you wanna....
    OK, my crystal ball is clearing up a bit...there are several on GB for $4000 and all but they have ZERO bids. There is one that the guy obviously wants to sell and it's at $1900 right now with 2/14 as closing date and I'll keep an eye on that. I'll shoot a $2000 gun and not think twice or regret it. Now if it goes for $8000 I could change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything that I wasn't going to shoot.
    When was the last time you went shooting?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I wouldn't buy anything that I wasn't going to shoot.
    You wouldn't appreciate my NIB H&K 94, made around 1984 then either, I suppose.

(Montgomery County)

I shoot everything that I own. If I can't shoot it then I wouldn't own it.

Remember you can't take it with you so enjoy it while you are on this side of the Turf!

SHOOT IT!

(Lehigh County)

OK, my crystal ball is clearing up a bit...there are several on GB for $4000 and all but they have ZERO bids. There is one that the guy obviously wants to sell and it's at $1900 right now with 2/14 as closing date and I'll keep an eye on that. I'll shoot a $2000 gun and not think twice or regret it. Now if it goes for $8000 I could change my mind.
    I just looked up GB completeted sales for the heck of it. It looks like the sweet spot is a bit above $3000.
    I see ONE 210-6 that sold: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/732822441 for $3300.00

The NEW Sig Sauer 210-A Target models are only bringing $1300-1500.
    Last edited by gghbi; February 10th, 2018 at 11:30 AM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I just looked up GB completeted sales for the heck of it. It looks like the sweet spot is a bit above $3000.
    I see ONE 210-6 that sold: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/732822441 for $3300.00

The NEW Sig Sauer 210-A Target models are only bringing $1300-1500.
    I didn't know you could look up completed sales, good to know, I'll have to try and find that, thanks.

(Lehigh County)

I didn't know you could look up completed sales, good to know, I'll have to try and find that, thanks.
    To do so you must be signed into GB and do an advanced search. Also change the sort to 'highest number of bids first', and then you may have to scroll or page down to get to the second tier of ads. (the non premium ones) I have found I cannot do this in the app, only in the browser, so there is that too.

One thing to watch out for is the red R,GB-2.JPG which means the reserve was not met, so even with bids, it is not a completed sale.
    Last edited by gghbi; February 10th, 2018 at 12:33 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast