Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I will agree with you on one thing. If you are going to field a sidearm and not put enough emphasis on training and retraining for basic safe handling of the firearm.....then you should buy the most dummy proof gun made.
    If that were the case, they would have gone back to revolvers!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    If that were the case, they would have gone back to revolvers!
    The Ruger Security Six in .357 magnum was a duty weapon that served PSP well. They have gone through five new firearms reissues since 1993.

Another postscript. While PSP was ditching Glock in favor of Sig. New Jersey was suing Sig and replacing their duty weapon to.........Glock.

http://www.guns.com/2017/05/18/new-j...pistol-defect/

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Alright, so the main downfall is that although Glocks are very affordable for a large department in initial outlay, the baggage they bring with them in the form of training expenses, holster research and development, NDs and their resultant injuries as a factor of cost by lost workdays and duty related medical bills and other design expenses......makes them unacceptable as a general issue pistol. Got it.

Why did PSP go to Glocks in the first place? They replaced the Beretta 92D after only a few years in service. In double action only with no safety and no decocking lever it simply had a slide release. We’re there ND issues with that gun? Was it because PSP believed they were going to be getting a more reliable general issue weapon? Or was it simply because they had money in the budget that they had to spend? Or both. And after many years with the Glock in .45GAP ....why did they decide to replace a perfectly good firearm again.....with another Glock? One that could take 45ACP. Cost/benefit analysis?

So I am to believe that somehow PSP fielded Glocks in 45GAP for years and never realized what an undesirable weapon it was so much so that they replaced it with another Glock model. The answer is PSP never had a problem with Glock firearms until they had a problem with Glocks response to their gen4 “problems”. So they did what PSP does. The heck with cost/analysis....rearm the entire force with an entirely new firearm.

I will agree with you on one thing. If you are going to field a sidearm and not put enough emphasis on training and retraining for basic safe handling of the firearm.....then you should buy the most dummy proof gun made.
    There is so little that you know that my response would be ten paragraphs. If I'm inclined to respond, it will be later. For now, I'll say it again. They have a term for a Glock's proclivity to fire upon holstering. That doesn't happen when it's an isolated event.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    There is so little that you know that my response would be ten paragraphs. If I'm inclined to respond, it will be later. For now, I'll say it again. They have a term for a Glock's proclivity to fire upon holstering. That doesn't happen when it's an isolated event.
    I’ll tell you what. I will graciously allow you to have the last word. Even if you are inclined to respond. You have been patient with my defense of the Glock. Thank you for your service to the Commonwealth.

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

If this is such a common problem in the law enforcement community maybe they should start getting kevlar slacks for those guys?
    Last edited by Highnoone; March 19th, 2018 at 09:45 AM.

(Crawford County)

SOCOM ...FBI...and almost 2/3 of the law enforcement community use Glocks not to mention the millions of them in the hands of civilians. You would think that there would have been a task force similar to the opioid crisis driven by the wave of injured reholster victims overrunning emergency rooms with gunshot wounds to the leg. Fear is a great sales tactic.

(Indiana County)

Had to unholster and reholster my sidearm this morning when I visited the eye doctor (the hospital is posted). I have a gun safe in my vehicle.

Nope, no negligent discharge here. My booger hook stays well clear of the bang switch.

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Had to unholster and reholster my sidearm this morning when I visited the eye doctor (the hospital is posted). I have a gun safe in my vehicle.

Nope, no negligent discharge here. My booger hook stays well clear of the bang switch.
    Well, perhaps we can reclaim Glocks reputation......one successful reholster at a time.

Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast