Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by The Lieutenant View Post
    No you are not. Step out of that buggy Yoder...got any apple fritters in there??
    But you said you were't going to tell me again, you lied.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Montgomery County)

Dont even get me started on the registry that isnt. There is a new thing coming out now that is totally screwed up that I'm gonna post about once I can wrap my head around it.
    Please expound.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Please expound.
    On the registry that isn't or the new thing. I don't know about the new thing but I can rant about the registry that isn't.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kipwell View Post
    On the registry that isn't or the new thing. I don't know about the new thing but I can rant about the registry that isn't.
    To hear about the new thing, I want, hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Please expound.

We get a notification from the state regarding new CLEAN requirements concerning 6127. The statute is really clear...
    Title 18 §6127
    Firearm Tracing
    (a) Upon confiscating or recovering a firearm from the possession of anyone who is not
    permitted by Federal or State law to possess a firearm, a local law enforcement
    agency shall use the best available information, including a firearms trace where
    necessary, to determine how and from where the person gained possession of the
    firearm.
    (b) Tracing. — Local law enforcement shall use the National Tracing Center of the
    Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in complying with
    subsection (a).
    (c) Notification. — Local law enforcement agencies shall advise the Pennsylvania State
    Police of all firearms that are recovered in accordance with this section.

So real simple... confiscation or seizure from a prohibited person. Then this second guide comes out that talks about any found gun or any seized or confiscated gun has to get entered into this PSP database. Not any gun seized from a prohibited person. This is the BS that causes big problems for people for years and years... they put this stuff out with conflicting information to every police department in the Commonwealth with no training and guys are going to be making honest mistakes based on bad info.

(Montgomery County)

We get a notification from the state regarding new CLEAN requirements concerning 6127. The statute is really clear...
    Title 18 §6127
    Firearm Tracing
    (a) Upon confiscating or recovering a firearm from the possession of anyone who is not
    permitted by Federal or State law to possess a firearm, a local law enforcement
    agency shall use the best available information, including a firearms trace where
    necessary, to determine how and from where the person gained possession of the
    firearm.
    (b) Tracing. — Local law enforcement shall use the National Tracing Center of the
    Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in complying with
    subsection (a).
    (c) Notification. — Local law enforcement agencies shall advise the Pennsylvania State
    Police of all firearms that are recovered in accordance with this section.

So real simple... confiscation or seizure from a prohibited person. Then this second guide comes out that talks about any found gun or any seized or confiscated gun has to get entered into this PSP database. Not any gun seized from a prohibited person. This is the BS that causes big problems for people for years and years... they put this stuff out with conflicting information to every police department in the Commonwealth with no training and guys are going to be making honest mistakes based on bad info.
    Taking a page from NJ and NY.
    Wolf and his friends are doing a great job moving us towards northeast style gun control.
    I hope gun owners are paying attention.
    I hope gun owners vote next month.

(Adams County)

[QUOTE=staylo;3865190]Of course, the difference being, that none of the jobs that you’ve listed come with government ordained power to deprive somebody of life and liberty. Doctors, lawyers, pilots, and teachers can’t stop me, handcuff me, arrest me, throw me in jail, and then charge me with any assortment of crimes that can effectively ruin my life. A doctor and a pilot might cause the loss of my life, but it would be an accident and not part of their job description. A police officer, however, can kill you on purpose, and if it was a mistake possibly(or likely) face little repercussions. Because of the power invested in them by the government, they must be held to a far higher standard of how they conduct themselves in the course of their work then pretty much any other profession that I can think of off the top of my head.[/QUOTE

Go to Google and enter "Canton, Ohio cop abuses motorist trying to present carry permit" and watch the video of the cop in Canton, Ohio who verbally abused and threatened a citizen who was trying to comply with Ohio law and disclose that he was carrying a concealed firearm. I will let the video speak for itself.

(Lehigh County)

[QUOTE=punxsutawneypete;3865542]
    Quote Originally Posted by staylo View Post
    Of course, the difference being, that none of the jobs that you’ve listed come with government ordained power to deprive somebody of life and liberty. Doctors, lawyers, pilots, and teachers can’t stop me, handcuff me, arrest me, throw me in jail, and then charge me with any assortment of crimes that can effectively ruin my life. A doctor and a pilot might cause the loss of my life, but it would be an accident and not part of their job description. A police officer, however, can kill you on purpose, and if it was a mistake possibly(or likely) face little repercussions. Because of the power invested in them by the government, they must be held to a far higher standard of how they conduct themselves in the course of their work then pretty much any other profession that I can think of off the top of my head.[/QUOTE

Go to Google and enter "Canton, Ohio cop abuses motorist trying to present carry permit" and watch the video of the cop in Canton, Ohio who verbally abused and threatened a citizen who was trying to comply with Ohio law and disclose that he was carrying a concealed firearm. I will let the video speak for itself.
    Why go to Google ? Why not simply go to post #460 ?
    --ET

(Adams County)

[QUOTE=ett;3865622]
    Quote Originally Posted by punxsutawneypete View Post

Why go to Google ? Why not simply go to post #460 ?
    You're right. I don't remember seeing the film when I went by it the first time. Just think of my suggestion as additional corroboration.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    It’s probably the same ratio as doctors, lawyers, pilots, teachers who’s union cover for them.
    "whose"

Lawyers report colleagues who break egregiously break the rules. Doctors will take action against a doctor who does his job poorly. Pilots want dangerous pilots out of the air. Teachers, they are like cops and will go to the mat to protect a colleague who isn't doing his job.

Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38444546474849505152 ... LastLast