Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

I am curious about an incident involving my 27 yr old daughter - she was speeding admittedly as it was a 9 hour drive and it was the last leg (15minutes or less to her boyfriends parents in NC)and she was excited and anxious to get there as it was such a long drive. She got pulled over and she was told to sit in the police car. Her boyfriend stayed in the vehicle. Why or for what reason would an officer tell a driver to do that? She has to go to court there now even though she lives in Cincinnati. It was just over 20 mph over limit. Yes fast but i have caught myself keeping up with the crowd doing that also at times till i realize how fast i am going. Anyways, just wondered if anyone knows why she was asked to sit in his car ... no alcohol or anything suspicious.

(Bucks County)

Some states have speeding statutes making speeds over 21 a more serious violation that summary falls short of covering. Maybe the boyfriend was offering his thoughts and the officer sequestered her to avoid the distraction? Officer needed to deal with the violator without having to deal with a non-party? Officer did not want to expose self to traffic by standing outside and communicating with her. I am assuming he got into the police car and spoke with her and drew up the paperwork.
    Did she sit up front or in the back?
    Last edited by Bang; February 14th, 2018 at 04:57 PM.

(Berks County)

As a CDL driver I believe that 15 and above over the limit constitutes a major violation for me. Only a dick cop would jam me or that girl up that way unless there are some extraneous circumstances that we are not privy to.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Realizing people sometimes make honest mistakes, I learned to ask “is there any reason you turned right on red, with the No Right On Red Sign posted?” or “any reason why you rolled thru that stop sign without stoppping?” or “any reason why your inspection sticker expired three days ago?” Would your response still be “I don’t answer questions.”
    Yes.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Realizing people sometimes make honest mistakes, I learned to ask “is there any reason you turned right on red, with the No Right On Red Sign posted?” or “any reason why you rolled thru that stop sign without stoppping?” or “any reason why your inspection sticker expired three days ago?” Would your response still be “I don’t answer questions.”
    How would, "I just wanted to meet you", go over?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

My daughter said her boyfriend didn’t say a word
    There was some confusion as she moved to cincinatti recently from North Carolina and her new address didn’t match the plates He wanted a lot of information and told her to get in his car she sat in the front

Now she has been waiting for her new registration and cannot get new insurance till she gets it the original registration from pa ! Thus she cannot drive her car uninsured - and her boyfriend is a doctor at one hospital and she is a pa at another which has things pretty difficult and then Having to get to nc for court - this makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    My daughter said her boyfriend didn’t say a word
    There was some confusion as she moved to cincinatti recently from North Carolina and her new address didn’t match the plates He wanted a lot of information and told her to get in his car she sat in the front

Now she has been waiting for her new registration and cannot get new insurance till she gets it the original registration from pa ! Thus she cannot drive her car uninsured - and her boyfriend is a doctor at one hospital and she is a pa at another which has things pretty difficult and then Having to get to nc for court - this makes no sense.

Cant a lawyer from NC handle it for her? She should be getting all sorts of solicitations in the mail from NC lawyers.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang
    Did she sit up front or in the back?

Not a lot of room up front anymore with all the various current must-have accessories, since the Crown Victoria was retired.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    ~~ That ticket still remains unpaid.
    my understanding of the nics fix bill is that you'd become a prohibited person.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    In my personal experience I have found that it is overwhelmingly beneficial for me to confess to speeding when the question is asked. "Well...I was getting along pretty good", is my preferred response.
    confessing got me an extra ticket last time. although i could probably have argued that the crack in windshield obstructed less than a sun visor....
    i paid my $300+/- in clerical fees, my $50 in fines, paid for my new windshield and paid for my inspection.
    now i just pay for windshield coverage...
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Re posts 188 and 189 "the police stick their noses in our business all the time." "The mere encounter is merely the first step in building RAS and then probable cause." Exactly. Hence the law of physics that states that "The depth of proboscis intrusion is inversely proportional to the resistance given to irrelevant interrogatories." Officer, is this a traffic stop or a Terry stop? No, then I am terminating this mere encounter and I shall go about my lawful activities. Yes, then I shall remain silent except as to identifying myself. Am I an attorney? Well, I do not have a license to practice in this State at this time but that does not change the law as I understand it.

Page 24 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast