Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Glocks are like the C programming language. They'll do whatever you tell them to do of which they're capable, even if it's stupid.

If you write C code that overruns an array, C will happily write data in the place you tell it, wherever that happens to be, including video memory.

If you pointed a loaded Glock at your foot and pull the trigger, it will go off, making a hole in your foot.

C and Glocks are not for the careless and the stupid.

Like this expert in this video.

Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brownie 56 View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me. He doesn’t know you. Everyone needs to come home at the end of the day. Put yourself in his shoes.
    Wow, I missed this one.

You forgot to say common sense.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The PD's that I used to work with, at shift change the cops were required by policy to check all lights before leaving the station. I wonder how many other PD's still do that?
    I was going to ask about this. In the UK i was pulled over for speeding by a police car which only had one working headlight. When i pointed this out to the officer, he had to let me go simply because he was in no position to enforce motoring laws when his vehicle was not road legal. Is it the same here in the US?

Yes, I'm British... But I have good teeth!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
    I was going to ask about this. In the UK i was pulled over for speeding by a police car which only had one working headlight. When i pointed this out to the officer, he had to let me go simply because he was in no position to enforce motoring laws when his vehicle was not road legal. Is it the same here in the US?
    When I was a LEO we had to check the car before our shift to make sure it passed a checklist. I can't remember everything we checked, but it included vehicle lights, emergency lights/sirens, tires, first aid kit, and similar items. If it didn't meet all criteria, we switched cars.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
    That's the story I've always heard. I remember years ago a cop was trying to chase us out of the park and when we pointed out that he had a headlight out and got out, kicked it a couple of times which someone yelled "yeah that doesn't work when we try it either" then the cop left.

I would have figured in England you called them "headtorches".
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by DK23 View Post
    When I was a LEO we had to check the car before our shift to make sure it passed a checklist. I can't remember everything we checked, but it included vehicle lights, emergency lights/sirens, tires, first aid kit, and similar items. If it didn't meet all criteria, we switched cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    That's the story I've always heard. I remember years ago a cop was trying to chase us out of the park and when we pointed out that he had a headlight out and got out, kicked it a couple of times which someone yelled "yeah that doesn't work when we try it either" then the cop left.

I would have figured in England you called them "headtorches".
    I'm not denying that they exist, but I've never met a cop that gave a citation for a burnt out headlamp. That's pc for a stop and a warning.

* HOWEVER I did meet a Fish Dick that gave a off duty Trooper a ticket while returning his boat to dock and the anchor light had burnt out. That's a funny story. It ended after Big Wig Trooper told Big Wig Fish Dick that while we may occasionally boat on his lake, he always drives on our highways.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I'm not denying that they exist, but I've never met a cop that gave a citation for a burnt out headlamp. That's pc for a stop and a warning.

* HOWEVER I did meet a Fish Dick that gave a off duty Trooper a ticket while returning his boat to dock and the anchor light had burnt out. That's a funny story. It ended after Big Wig Trooper told Big Wig Fish Dick that while we may occasionally boat on his lake, he always drives on our highways.
    One of my favorite things about being a Trooper was that we could literally enforce any law on the books in the Commonwealth anywhere in the Commonwealth. No other agency can do that which leaves other agencies in a bit of a bind if they want to "go to war" with PSP. Some folks learned that the hard way, or so the stories go.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    Glocks are like the C programming language. They'll do whatever you tell them to do of which they're capable, even if it's stupid.
    If you write C code that overruns an array, C will happily write data in the place you tell it, wherever that happens to be, including video memory.
    If you pointed a loaded Glock at your foot and pull the trigger, it will go off, making a hole in your foot.
    C and Glocks are not for the careless and the stupid.
    I love coding analogies
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

I read this whole damn thread and the OP vanished?? OP, did you get the form? Did you fill out and return it?
    Eddie

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    I read this whole damn thread and the OP vanished?? OP, did you get the form? Did you fill out and return it?
    Op was pulled over for a broken taillight after the filing the complaint. He was found with a Glock that was reported stolen.

Page 29 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast