Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by DonBiase View Post
    The bullshit of "stop resisting" is supposed to be the "get out of jail free' card for Dirty Cops.
    I was in the business for 30 years, I know More about Cops than any 3 of you all put together.This bullshit has got yo stop.
    Don have you ever gone to work tired, hungry, horny, thirsty and broke and you know? Asking for 3 of us.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    So that might equal dozens of cops, hundreds, no. A police officer has discretion to write a ticket or not, no corruption whatsoever. And police cars have exceptions regarding operation and parking carved out in the vehicle code. Several police jobs actually involve consumption of alcohol during work. And selling guns out of the evidence room is theft, and will result in arrest.

You don't know what you're talking about but please continue to wow us with what you don't know.
    Popcorn is on standby
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Don have you ever gone to work tired, hungry, horny, thirsty and broke and you know? Asking for 4 of us.
    FIFUS
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

What have you guys done with this stupid thread? See, that's why we can't have nice threads.

I posted this before. Policeman is a JOB. Jobs get filled by people. If you don't provide extra protections to the people who fill the job "policeman" in doing the job "policeman", you won't get many people dumb enough to do the job "policeman".

Now people given extra powers over other people tend to feel special. People who feel specail tend to start acting specail.

Nobody ever wants to look at it like this. Nobody.

People see the corruption of polititions and call for term limits. Nobody ever calls for term limits on policemen. Seems like you would have a much better chance making term limits on police, who don't write or enact the laws, than you ever would getting term limits on polititions.

It would also lower taxes as pensions would go away.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Bucks County)

I'm just here to find out where I can pick up a donut from cdi...

I know a lot of cops...a few are good friends, the rest are classmates, neighbors, (former cops) coworkers..all try to to the right thing.. I only had one try to throw his weight around and that was a philly pd sarge...but he wasn't a bad guy..

People are people..we all have flaws and there is always a microcosm of society in any workplace...

A police officer has discretion to write a ticket or not, no corruption whatsoever.
    You keep telling yourself that using your badge to get out of tickets isn't corruption and maybe some day that will be true. I do find it interesting that cops view using their badge to get out of trouble be it a traffic ticket, domestic dispute, or barroom brawl as acceptable use of the position and power. It's not acceptable, it is corruption. Minor corruption but still corruption and often leads to greater forms of corruption.

And police cars have exceptions regarding operation and parking
    Not when they are off duty.

Several police jobs actually involve consumption of alcohol during work.
    So uniformed cops are permitted to keep a flask in their gear bag and are allowed to take a few nips during their shift?

And selling guns out of the evidence room is theft, and will result in arrest.
    Yeah but it keeps happening and takes years before anyone makes a fuss.

Last edited by Roger Kipwell; October 21st, 2018 at 08:52 AM.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kipwell View Post
    You keep telling yourself that using your badge to get out of tickets isn't corruption and maybe some day that will be true. I do find it interesting that cops view using their badge to get out of trouble be it a traffic ticket, domestic dispute, or barroom brawl as acceptable use of the position and power. It's not acceptable, it is corruption. Minor corruption but still corruption and often leads to greater forms of corruption.

Not when they are off duty.

So uniformed cops are permitted to keep a flask in their gear bag and are allowed to take a few nips during their shift?

Yeah but it keeps happening and takes years before anyone makes a fuss.

Again, officers have discretion when writing tickets. I sent people from all walks of life on their way with no ticket after a traffic violation.

As for the rest, I'll put your statement that every one of the 100s of cops you know bragged of corruption/unethical and illegal behavior in the same category as I put your declaration that you know 100s of cops.

You might wonder how I'm sure you're being untruthful. Well, every cop in here, every cop on PAFOA and the 100s of cops I know will tell you that we're not particularly forthcoming with family and friends, let alone acquaintances about work. We aren't a gregarious, open bunch. So your statement that all of the cops you know were so open with you as to brag about corruption/criminality is not remotely credible.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Again, officers have discretion when writing tickets. I sent people from all walks of life on their way with no ticket after a traffic violation.
    How many cops did you actually give a ticket?

If you use your badge to get your kid out of a shoplifting beef, that's corruption.
    If you use your badge to keep your brother-in-law from getting arrested for public drunkeness, that's corruption.
    If you use your badge to cut in line at a theater, that's corruption.

Well, every cop in here, every cop on PAFOA and the 100s of cops I know will tell you that we're not particularly forthcoming with family and friends, let alone acquaintances about work.
    Cops talk, all you have to do is listen. I'm a very good listener.

I'm guessing that you're a cop. So you have to tell yourself that you are an upright and honest person. I'm sure that all those Chicago cops think that as well, they're just going along with the system.

BTW, I don't say that I "know" hundreds of cops. I've known hundreds of cops. There's a difference.

If you use your badge to get your kid out of a shoplifting beef, that's corruption.
    If you use your badge to keep your brother-in-law from getting arrested for public drunkeness, that's corruption.

I'm guessing that you're a cop. So you have to tell yourself that you are an upright and honest person. I'm sure that all those Chicago cops think that as well, they're just going along with the system.
    You watch too much TV... that kind of stuff doesn't happen any more. It could have happened back in the 70s like the clap got spread but times have changed big time over the last 25 years. The tin doesn't mean crap any more.

Plenty if coppers get and give tickets... hell, I got a speeding ticket a number of years back...and paid it i might add. You arnt getting anyone out of an arrest.. that's utter horse shit. You cant get yourself out if a DUI, how are you getting anyone else out of anything? We have arrested other cops for just about everything... retail theft.. dui... hit and run... domestic violence. And its not just us..its everyone around here. So perhaps Pittsburgh is a Bastian of morality and the rest if you live in sin, I dont know. So stop telling stories.

And again...if 1/4 of what you are saying is even remotely true, why would you want to socialize with any of these people? Why would you compromise your own morality to spend time with people who are evil, corrupt, and just plain dicks?

(Berks County)

BTW, I don't say that I "know" hundreds of cops. I've known hundreds of cops. There's a difference.
    I tend to think that you talk way too much to listen.

Page 52 of 56 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 LastLast