Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Can you ever trust that weapon again? How do you know they didn't fuck something up inside it just for laughs, meanness, sick joke, disrespect of their masters, you looked like the guy who is fucking their wives, looked like the guy who took their lunch money in third grade? Pick one. It's probably several!
    MAKE THEM PAY! Make their supervisors wish they had never met these abusive shits. Make your elected representative sorry he hears their names.
    Remember this, Donald Trump is POTUS ! We have to act now, seize the day, make all the progress we can, RIGHT NOW! You've got less than three years left to turn all this shit around. Get to it!
    this, to have a law abiding citizen's legal firearm dissembled is ridiculous

(Lancaster County)

Allowing them to lock in the truck is a bad idea too. Once you open that trunk, you'll be letting them rifle through it too, plain sight and all. The best option is that police should respect the rights of the people they're sworn to protect and serve. If they're not capable of doing that, then maybe they should find another job.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoalcrackerAl View Post
    It comes down to. Don't ask don't tell. My wife has a habit of telling folks more than they need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That makes two of us, if you come across a remedy please do share it.
    Have you tried hitter her?
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I usually just stick something in her mouth.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    I'm not that kind of guy but it sure was tempting a time or two.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Northumberland County)

I just say lets go now!
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

This is a damned if you do, damned if you don’t scenario. Clearly we can see from this post what happens when you DO inform. And we’ve seen numerous similar posts of the problems that come with informing an officer who isn’t necessarily knowledgeable on the law regarding firearms, seizures, and “registration”. But there also can be issues with NOT informing when you’re asked. If for some reason the stop should come to the point where you actually do need to inform the officer, like he asks you to exit the vehicle for some reason, now you’re in a situation where the officer is likely to blow his stack because you “lied” to him. At which point, you are probably in for a rectal examination of your life and vehicle while he tries to find some way to teach you a lesson. So I’m still wondering if there is a “magic bullet” response that allows someone not to lie, doesn’t arouse suspicion, doesn’t give the officer the impression you are being “confrontational”, and has hopefully minimal blowback if it comes to a point where someone actually does need to tell the officer they’re armed. Perhaps it’s a unicorn and just doesn’t exist, but with all the LEOs on the forum I would certainly be interested to hear what kind of responses they think might fit the bill. Obviously, the real problem is that some LEOs take a citizen’s asserting their constitutional rights as either evasiveness, some sort of evidence of wrongdoing, or that they’re a troublemaker, and that if you don’t “have anything to hide” then you should simply do whatever it is the officer wants you to do. Fixing that mindset should be the solution, but until that happens(soon right?) we still need to figure out a way to successfully navigate traffic stops. I think the closest I have heard to that kind of response is, before answering any questions, if the officer doesn’t expressly tell you the nature of the stop, ask what it is in order to set the scope of the investigation, and then politely tell the officer you will not be answering any questions outside of the scope of the investigation. At least then they cannot pinpoint a particular question that they feel someone doesn’t want to answer. Hopefully one of these days we will come up with that “magic bullet” response, or that officers will stop viewing citizens exercising their rights as impertinence, but until then I’m glad we keep having these conversations because it helps to work towards at least one of those goals.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Berks County)

So I called the PSP internal affairs division left a message got a return call explain to the Corporal who called me from internal affairs what happened he wouldn't offer me an opinion on whether it was routine training for state troopers to do what these guys did or not but he did say he needed it in writing and he's going to mail me a form that I can fill out and send back and then the complaint will be reviewed and I should be contacted.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    What was the point of disassembly? Why not just unload the damn thing?
    My guess would be because people carry spare mags, thus their thinking concerning disassembly. Of course that doesn't take into consideration BUGs.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    So I called the PSP internal affairs division left a message got a return call explain to the Corporal who called me from internal affairs what happened he wouldn't offer me an opinion on whether it was routine training for state troopers to do what these guys did or not but he did say he needed it in writing and he's going to mail me a form that I can fill out and send back and then the complaint will be reviewed and I should be contacted.
    You need to contact your state rep too, especially if your rep is Darryl Metcalfe, he's very pro gun.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast