Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by CoalcrackerAl View Post
    I had a cop check run my gun to verify owner ship. Only disassembly he did was pull the mag and empty the chamber with the slide locked open. And said this is how you hand some one your gun. It was a douglas/montgomery cop.
    What right did he have to verify ownership? Did he verify that the money in your pocket was yours, or your cell phone as well?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Why did you agree to allowing them remove your weapon ?
    If they asked you if you mind them sticking their nightstick up your ass. Would you agree to that too ?

^^^ This ! ^^^
    Your kind of harsh, he had not made a plan of action ahead of time, he just winged it like the vast majority of people do. How could he know what those assholes would do? You know resisting cops can have worse out comes.

(York County)

"I said to him calmly that I have a license to carry firearms and have a handgun in holster on left hip"

Mistake. I would have only volunteered that information if, and before I was asked to exit the vehicle.
    Lower your expectations to zero and you'll never be disappointed.

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Why did you agree to allowing them remove your weapon ?
    If they asked you if you mind them sticking their nightstick up your ass. Would you agree to that too ?

^^^ This ! ^^^
    Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Do you drop trou, lube up and bend over, too? Or do you make them force you?

RESIST oppression!
    IANAL but PA statutes require that you not resist an arrest, even an illegal one. You are to fight it later in the courts. I am sure the same holds for detentions and interactions less than arrest. You can make sure by stating you do not consent and / or by recording the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Can you ever trust that weapon again? How do you know they didn't fuck something up inside it just for laughs, meanness, sick joke, disrespect of their masters, you looked like the guy who is fucking their wives, looked like the guy who took their lunch money in third grade? Pick one. It's probably several!
    MAKE THEM PAY! Make their supervisors wish they had never met these abusive shits. Make your elected representative sorry he hears their names.
    Remember this, Donald Trump is POTUS ! We have to act now, seize the day, make all the progress we can, RIGHT NOW! You've got less than three years left to turn all this shit around. Get to it!
    Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    If it's policy for them to disassemble a firearm, does that mean they're also assuming responsibility for any damage that my occur to the firearm during the process?
    This is my concern. Is the OP sure he got all his original parts back?
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post

Then he says to me, "my partner has diassembled your gun and will put it on the passenger seat", he then asks, "do you know how to put it back together or should I have my partner reassemble it for you?" I looked at him and was puzzled, I thought I understood him but I have never heard of this, I said "What? disassembled as in removed the slide? Officer says "yes" I am shocked and I just said " no don't worry about it " So his partner opens passenger side door and says to me " I don't know you , I don't hand assembled guns to people I don't know, here are the parts for your glock on seat and here is the barrel". He hands me barrel and closes door. they leave. This is ridiculous! they removed the slide barrel and recoil spring from slide and handed me the gun in pieces!! I can easily put it back together but that's not the point. I am calling the pa state police to complain. Its one thing to unload my gun, but to take it apart!! ridiculous!
    You should of told him no problem I still have my back up gun on me. lol I hope the same trooper does not stop me on the way to or back from the range in the Reading area. I usually have 3-4 handguns with me. He would need a box to put my gun parts in.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Your kind of harsh, he had not made a plan of action ahead of time, he just winged it like the vast majority of people do. How could he know what those assholes would do? You know resisting cops can have worse out comes.
    Wow what a leap you made.
    I simply commented about the answer to a question. NOT about physically resitting.
    Two very different things.
    --ET

(Monroe County)

I like to give slack to the cop and say really don't take it so hard.

This is NOT one of those times. Clearing it would be one thing, but fuck this noise. Yea go all out.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Lancaster County)

Not my experience, but a few years ago a friend of mine was in a multiple vehicle accident on the Rt 30 bypass. as his jeep is getting pulled on the roll back the state trooper asks if has a ride home, he did not so the trooper says he will take him as its only a few miles. Then proceeds to ask him if he's armed, my friend replies yes, In my waistband @ about 4 O'clock

Trooper informs him it will have to be in the trunk for the ride home, hands the trooper his full size 1911, at which the trooper starts thumbing the safety down like crazy asking "why wont it Decock ?" and why are you carrying it with the hammer back?

Had to inform the trooper of the nuances of unloading a 1911, had a nice chat about single action autos on the ride home, He loves to tell this story whenever the discussion of cocked and locked carry comes up

(Chester County)

Question
    "Do you mind if we disassemble and reassemble your handgun?"
    Answer
    "Do you mind if I function test it upon return?"

State troopers are experts on all weapons. That's why an instructor shot and killed a fellow trooper at the training range in Plymouth Twp and another shot his pregnant wife in the head while cleaning his gun.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast