Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Sadly this neither surprises me nor would I rather see them clear it without knowing. My next door neighbor is a cop and doesnt know how to field strip his duty weapon. The few times I went shooting with him, I offered to clean it afterwards since he would let it go otherwise.

I remember years back there used to be ongoing threads where it used to be problematic that during a traffic stop; LEO would run your weapon through there "not-registry/sales database" and if it wasnt in there, they would confiscate it until you could prove ownership. I havent heard much about that recently. Is it no longer a problem?
    How do you prove ownership if you lose your receipt? Is losing a receipt now a violation of law?
    If at first you don't succeed try a different angle.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    How do you prove ownership if you lose your receipt? Is losing a receipt now a violation of law?
    Exactly; that was the problem for many.... I have some guns over 20 yrs old. I couldnt tell ya where the receipts were for some of the ones ive bought in the last year let alone the older ones.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Sadly this neither surprises me nor would I rather see them clear it without knowing. My next door neighbor is a cop and doesnt know how to field strip his duty weapon. The few times I went shooting with him, I offered to clean it afterwards since he would let it go otherwise.

I remember years back there used to be ongoing threads where it used to be problematic that during a traffic stop; LEO would run your weapon through there "not-registry/sales database" and if it wasnt in there, they would confiscate it until you could prove ownership. I havent heard much about that recently. Is it no longer a problem?
    I hope he isn't on the street..failure to know how a tool operates can cause a failure to save a life..

Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839