Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Reading through the OP's posts, he's not a prolific poster, he comes and goes every few months. But hey, at least he's posted more than 6 times in 6 years.
    :-) OP has worked 7 days a week since feb 12th feeling a bit run down! I didn't receive the form in the mail as of yet, I was considering going into local PSP office and making a bigger stink. As for the people wjho suggested I made this up Y'all can kiss my a$$, it happened that's for sure. My work Van is an 89 ford e-150 grey with tinted windows in the back and it looks pretty rough but that makes it blend in with a lot of the neighborhoods I work in. I post on this forum when I see something I feel compelled to comment on.
    Last edited by Joe88XJ; March 15th, 2018 at 09:29 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    :-) OP has worked 7 days a week since feb 12th feeling a bit run down! I didn't receive the form in the mail as of yet, I was considering going into local PSP office and making a bigger stink. As for the people who suggested I made this up Y'all can kiss my a$$, it happened that's for sure. My work Van is an 89 ford e-150 grey with tinted windows in the back and it looks pretty rough but that makes it blend in with a lot of the neighborhoods I work in. I post on this forum when I see something I feel compelled to comment on.
    Maybe you should consider repainting it?

Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    No one should carry a Glock unless they are very well trained and train regularly. Glocks (and copies) as I've said many times, are more prone to NDs than other handgun designs.
    Im going to quote a retired marine that was in my NRA rifle instructor class several years ago...." Keep you damn booger hooks off the bang switch!!" Glocks don't discharge unless the trigger is pressed! If you have a ND with a glock you broke a basic rule that if you cant follow then you shouldn't own a gun!

Im going to quote a retired marine that was in my NRA rifle instructor class several years ago...." Keep you damn booger hooks off the bang switch!!" Glocks don't discharge unless the trigger is pressed! If you have a ND with a glock you broke a basic rule that if you cant follow then you shouldn't own a gun!
    I agree that training is a must, but for ANY firearm you carry. There is no reason for an ND into the floor or hand or ceiling or a co-worker's chest. Follow the rules and the Glock is no more "prone" to sending rounds where you don't want them to go than any other firearm. I would say that some PEOPLE are more prone than others to experience an ND.

(Perry County)

That's cute but inaccurate. People have shot themselves reholstering when a piece of clothing or the holster itself depresses the trigger which also disengages the safety. Those types of NDs are nearly impossible with a pistol that has an external hammer that can be covered by a thumb. They are also nearly impossible with an external safety not integral to the trigger like a grip safety or a manually activated safety.

Based on my training and experience, I'll say it again. The design of the Glock makes it a very poor choice for new shooters and shooters that don't practice rigorous care. It's an inherently poor design in regards to safety.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Just far enough from Philly, Pennsylvania

Based on my training and experience, I'll say it again. The design of the Glock makes it a very poor choice for new shooters and shooters that don't practice rigorous care. It's an inherently poor design in regards to safety.[/QUOTE]
    I'd say that any firearm is a poor choice for "shooters" who don't practice rigorous care and proper safe handling. I'm not a fan of blaming inanimate objects for human/operator error. I only know of one guy who had an accidental discharge with his Glock. Shot himself through the thigh, calf and foot on the draw from a hip holster..... while doing range quals for work!! Happened about 8 years ago and he still gets poked fun at for it these days. I should mention that the injuries were pretty minor as far as GSWs go and he's made a full physical recovery, although I'm sure there is some permanent damage to his pride haha.
    Last edited by Highnoone; March 16th, 2018 at 07:23 AM.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    That's cute but inaccurate. People have shot themselves reholstering when a piece of clothing or the holster itself depresses the trigger which also disengages the safety. Those types of NDs are nearly impossible with a pistol that has an external hammer that can be covered by a thumb. They are also nearly impossible with an external safety not integral to the trigger like a grip safety or a manually activated safety.

Based on my training and experience, I'll say it again. The design of the Glock makes it a very poor choice for new shooters and shooters that don't practice rigorous care. It's an inherently poor design in regards to safety.
    ^^^^^^I agree with this knucklehead.

That thing on the trigger is NOT a fucking safety. It's a placebo at best.

I have a few glocks, but they're not safe.

"Is Gun. Is NOT safe!"
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Berks County)

I also agree about the glock triggers and holstering and will throw in having to pull the trigger to disassemble was an additional poor design choice

(Crawford County)

Ive owned several Glocks and my edc is currently a Glock which I carry in a shoulder holster. I’ve pretty much lived with a firearm for about 33 years now and never was responsible for a ND. Saying that the Glock is an inherently poor design is like saying a corvette is an inherently poor design because people crash them at high speed. You have to know and respect your weapon. Is there any imperical evidence that the Glock is more likely to be involved in a ND? If there is, I haven’t seen the study. But then again, data from these types of incidents just plain doesn’t exist unless the police department is volunteering the information. And PSP does not.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    Ive owned several Glocks and my edc is currently a Glock which I carry in a shoulder holster. I’ve pretty much lived with a firearm for about 33 years now and never was responsible for a ND. Saying that the Glock is an inherently poor design is like saying a corvette is an inherently poor design because people crash them at high speed. You have to know and respect your weapon. Is there any imperical evidence that the Glock is more likely to be involved in a ND? If there is, I haven’t seen the study. But then again, data from these types of incidents just plain doesn’t exist unless the police department is volunteering the information. And PSP does not.
    No. Putting a "Safety" on the trigger IS a bad idea.

Your comparison is to "reasonable", like Grapefruit juice is to Thursday.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast