Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    (Crawford County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Well, the last status report was that the OP was getting an official complaint form mailed to him from PSP. They are going to make sure no criminal act is being alledged and then bump this right back to the Troop it came out of. And the Captain of that Troop is going to bump it down to the station commander and the OP is going to be asked to come back in to be told it’s not standard procedure but up to the discretion of each officer based on the specifics of the traffic stop. And that, will be that. I don’t think you’ll find one in a hundred Troopers out there that would do the same thing. It doesn’t make much sense for community relationships but when that Trooper ends up having his daughter dating the OPs son.......he will wish he would have been less paranoid.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by gunkucool View Post
    Maybe this will be the dumbest question: how many cops have been killed/ shot by someone who volunteers to inform in advance before they shoot that he/ she has an LTCF and firearm in their cars/ etc.....? Approximately? If....almost none or none, either those cops were fake/ fraud/ or they were waiting a reason to bully/ shoot the op if he gave/ acted wrongly. That incident makes me nervous, so if We got stop, do I should inform them or not? When I got my ltcf( philly), there was a written paper that suggest to inform officers.
    Philly paper has a suggestion.
    I have suggestion- ignore Philly paper.

Keep reading here. You will learn to keep your mouth shut about your firearm unless it's looking like they will pull you out of the car.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoalcrackerAl View Post
    I was delivering a pizza. And a german shepherd was attacking my truck. I told them pull the dog off before i shoot it. When i got back to the pizza shop the police were waiting for me. No charges just the hassle of it all, This was in 1989
    Dog was just hungry

(Monroe County)

On occasion lately I have taken to carrying my 1860 (replica) 44cal cap and ball revolver CC/OC. I wonder how that would go and look like should I come across an Officer that wanted to disarm me and make my weapon safe If it ever happens I will definitely post here just for the humor aspect.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by markshere2 View Post
    Philly paper has a suggestion.
    I have suggestion- ignore Philly paper.

Keep reading here. You will learn to keep your mouth shut about your firearm unless it's looking like they will pull you out of the car.
    Silence is golden.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason O View Post
    Doesn't the PSP have a less than stellar safety record with Glocks? I wouldn't want anyone shot by an ND in the process of an officer fiddling around with my firearm.

What if his wife was in the car?
    i wouldn't want to be the one falsely charged by an officer who had a ND with my firearm. provided you survive to actually plead the case to the jury.
    or are allowed to discuss it in the court, seems that more and more often judges are blocking relevant information to be used in defense from the court room.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason O View Post
    ~~
    SW Shields are cheaper than ever. Maybe it's prudent to keep an extra one in your vehicle so you have "something" to hand over to LEO without being completely disarmed.
    i thought that was what hi-points were for...

maybe a good response to an officer asking "where is it?" is "which one?"
    several here DO carry... well a lot of guns. think max i've known someone to carry daily was 4.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

Ohhh-kay, so I haven't visited this thread in a bit.

Sgt. K, yes, I have a VERY big goddamned problem with that. In fact, I was once stopped in Bethlehem by an officer who made mention of having been notified when he ran my DL and plate that I had a LTCF. I was NOT happy.

Also, for the record, I have never once in my adult life been asked if I had any weapons in the vehicle at any traffic stop. Once when I was a teenager, but never since.

My answer would likely be anywhere between, "With all due respect, I don't answer questions" and "that's none of your [insert colorful language here]-ing business." Depends on how respectful he is at the outset, lol.

When asked where I'm heading, I've been able to use "that way," and I did get a chance to use "I don't answer questions" another time I was asked where I worked. Neither ended in tickets.
    Junior

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    The PD's that I used to work with, at shift change the cops were required by policy to check all lights before leaving the station. I wonder how many other PD's still do that?
    We are supposed to do that, check all of the fluids also. One problem with headlamps, you usually didn’t notice they were out until nightwork or last out and at that time the garage was closed. You could leave a note for the daywork guy to get it fixed, but they figured they didn’t need it during the day and left it for nightwork.

We are also supposed to get the car washed once a week. You would think the cops are asked to hand wash them with their own water and soap.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    We are supposed to do that, check all of the fluids also. One problem with headlamps, you usually didn’t notice they were out until nightwork or last out and at that time the garage was closed. You could leave a note for the daywork guy to get it fixed, but they figured they didn’t need it during the day and left it for nightwork.

We are also supposed to get the car washed once a week. You would think the cops are asked to hand wash them with their own water and soap.
    I guess they want you to clean out all empty donut boxes too at the end of the week. The nerve of them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Ohhh-kay, so I haven't visited this thread in a bit.
    Missed ya!

Sgt. K, yes, I have a VERY big goddamned problem with that. In fact, I was once stopped in Bethlehem by an officer who made mention of having been notified when he ran my DL and plate that I had a LTCF. I was NOT happy.
    Y'know, I wondered how you would react to this.

Also, for the record, I have never once in my adult life been asked if I had any weapons in the vehicle at any traffic stop. Once when I was a teenager, but never since.
    Though afflicted with stupidity as a youth, I think I can count my total traffic stops without taking my shoes off (at least not both of them), and I can't say I was *ever* asked.

My answer would likely be anywhere between, "With all due respect, I don't answer questions" and "that's none of your [insert colorful language here]-ing business." Depends on how respectful he is at the outset, lol.
    Colorful language? To a cop? You?! Nahhhh...

When asked where I'm heading, I've been able to use "that way," and I did get a chance to use "I don't answer questions" another time I was asked where I worked. Neither ended in tickets.
    Though I don't *plan* on needing them, I am filing away a number of similar phrases for future use...

Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast