Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

Won't be popular with my response but it happens. You didn't get cited, you aren't leaking, you didn't lose any property, you lost a little time, had what seems to have been a pretty level experience and everyone involved went home and will continue to enjoy their daily routines. I realize it's always about how you see it but look at it from the other side as well. Those guys see a pile of people every day and the stupid of the world is getting worse, not better. They don't know you, your safety level, skill level, or anything else. You might be a whole pile of things considering the area (both good and bad).

I've had a number of interesting experiences over the years depending on experience, training, personality, etc of the officer. A simple removal of a slide which I am sure you could reassemble in under a minute (allowing for gloves, adjusting the radio, looking for scratches in the finish.....) and have back on the frame and in the holster just allowed those two to get back in the car and drive off without having to have any undue concern. If they took it and had whacked the slide on the pavement with a 5lb sledge and given it back I would be a bit miffed and would be looking for a supervisor but it sure sounds like a no harm/no foul to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ColtShooter View Post
    Won't be popular with my response but it happens. You didn't get cited, you aren't leaking, you didn't lose any property, you lost a little time, had what seems to have been a pretty level experience and everyone involved went home and will continue to enjoy their daily routines. I realize it's always about how you see it but look at it from the other side as well. Those guys see a pile of people every day and the stupid of the world is getting worse, not better. They don't know you, your safety level, skill level, or anything else. You might be a whole pile of things considering the area (both good and bad).

I've had a number of interesting experiences over the years depending on experience, training, personality, etc of the officer. A simple removal of a slide which I am sure you could reassemble in under a minute (allowing for gloves, adjusting the radio, looking for scratches in the finish.....) and have back on the frame and in the holster just allowed those two to get back in the car and drive off without having to have any undue concern. If they took it and had whacked the slide on the pavement with a 5lb sledge and given it back I would be a bit miffed and would be looking for a supervisor but it sure sounds like a no harm/no foul to me.
    The difference between "rape" and "fun sex" is "consent". It's hard to prove any harm from non-violent rape, but for damn sure it exists. It's a violation.

When the government treats you like property, or like a serf, that's a bad thing. Same as if I walked up to a cop or the mayor or a stranger, and placed my hand in his mouth and blew him a kiss. The harm is that "you don't get to treat me like that".
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe88XJ View Post
    Hey Guys.....I have never had this happen to me until tonight and I honestly cant believe it even happened. I am on my way out of the City of Reading when I get lit up red and blue, so I
    pull over put my interior light on and wait with hands on steering wheel. Officer approaches and asks me for the usual license insurance registration. I said to him calmly that I have a
    license to carry firearms and have a handgun in holster on left hip and have to reach close to it in order to get wallet out ( I always forget to get wallet out ahead of time).

He pauses for a
    few seconds then asks me if I mind if he removes it from my person while we conduct the traffic stop. Its not really a request even though he said it as nicely as he did. I said sure he says
    where is it, I say on my left hip in a safariland 6000 holster and that he should be familiar with the holster. he opens van door and removes gun, thanks me for letting him know I had it.
    Tells me my tail light on passenger side is burned out. I said ok ill get it fixed asap I have bulbs with me. He goes back to cruiser. His partner watched from passenger side whole time and returns to cruiser. Few min later officer returns on my side partner on passenger side. Officer stated he was giving me a warning for tail light get it fixed asap, I said I would right away.

Then he says to me, "my partner has diassembled your gun and will put it on the passenger seat", he then asks, "do you know how to put it back together or should I have my partner reassemble it for you?" I looked at him and was puzzled, I thought I understood him but I have never heard of this, I said "What? disassembled as in removed the slide? Officer says "yes" I am shocked and I just said " no don't worry about it " So his partner opens passenger side door and says to me " I don't know you , I don't hand assembled guns to people I don't know, here are the parts for your glock on seat and here is the barrel". He hands me barrel and closes door. they leave. This is ridiculous! they removed the slide barrel and recoil spring from slide and handed me the gun in pieces!! I can easily put it back together but that's not the point. I am calling the pa state police to complain. Its one thing to unload my gun, but to take it apart!! ridiculous!
    Why did you agree to allowing them remove your weapon ?
    If they asked you if you mind them sticking their nightstick up your ass. Would you agree to that too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    Thanks for letting us ass-rape you, citizen. Go on now and enjoy your evening. Hahahaha

That's what they were saying as they drove away!

If you don't ass-rape their careers in return, you DESERVED it! And they will continue to pull that shit!
    ^^^ This ! ^^^
    --ET

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Reasons why I don't disclose my carry status to the police...
    +1
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Warren County)

Do you drop trou, lube up and bend over, too? Or do you make them force you?

RESIST oppression!
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Elk County)

'Then he says to me, "my partner has diassembled your gun and will put it on the passenger seat", he then asks, "do you know how to put it back together or should I have my partner reassemble it for you?" I looked at him and was puzzled, I thought I understood him but I have never heard of this, I said "What? disassembled as in removed the slide? Officer says "yes" I am shocked and I just said " no don't worry about it " So his partner opens passenger side door and says to me " I don't know you , I don't hand assembled guns to people I don't know, here are the parts for your glock on seat and here is the barrel".'

So if he doesn't hand people he doesn't know assembled guns but offers to have his partner reassemble the gun who would he hand it to? I understand the need for safety of you and the officers however I dont understand what is gained by disassembling and reassembling the gun? Thinking unloading it before handing it back would be a better solution.

(Montgomery County)

I just don't understand how removing a holstered pistol makes things safer. If his partner is watching you, do they really think you'd ever get the drop on them? Just stupid.

(Bucks County)

Can you ever trust that weapon again? How do you know they didn't fuck something up inside it just for laughs, meanness, sick joke, disrespect of their masters, you looked like the guy who is fucking their wives, looked like the guy who took their lunch money in third grade? Pick one. It's probably several!
    MAKE THEM PAY! Make their supervisors wish they had never met these abusive shits. Make your elected representative sorry he hears their names.
    Remember this, Donald Trump is POTUS ! We have to act now, seize the day, make all the progress we can, RIGHT NOW! You've got less than three years left to turn all this shit around. Get to it!

(Bucks County)

Your tail light was out, of course you were a danger to their safety. Domestic terrorist according to Napolitano’s Homeland Security I recall
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Luzerne County)

Fucking wow.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast