Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 375
  1. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    In the can, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,495
    Rep Power
    21474846

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Wanna make a point to the two cops? Get the corp., sgt., lt and capt. pissed at them. Write a letter of complaint and send it and cc to everyone up the line from their barracks. Send it to the gov, head of PSP, state sen., state rep and anyone else you think of. Send the internal affairs form in to four or five days later. For a couple of days, the supervisors at the barracks will be getting calls, letters and faxes from all directions and will have no idea what the hell anyone is talking about. They will be improvising and, hopefully, will tell different stories at different times to the heavy hitters. Make the Indian chiefs look bad and there will be hell to pay by the guys at the bottom of the totem pole.
    I am more or less advocating this, but I am suggesting it be done with more weight through a lawyer.
    There is an opportunity here to make a positive change statewide for all gun owners both now and in the future.
    Rather than screwing around with it, take the opportunity to do something meaningful and positive.
    This situation represents a problem that exists that is larger than the individual incident or the people involved.
    Take it to a lawyer, make it official, and do something positive for the greater good of the Second Amendment community.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

  2. #152
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Richboro, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    I haven't read all the posts in this thread but what if the trooper caused a negligent discharge while disassembling? What if he shot his partner or you or a bystander?

  3. #153
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,336
    Rep Power
    21474845

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
    I haven't read all the posts in this thread but what if the trooper caused a negligent discharge while disassembling? What if he shot his partner or you or a bystander?
    Read all the posts. That is only one of many bad things...

  4. #154
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    (Philadelphia County)
    Posts
    2,392
    Rep Power
    21474844

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    Quote Originally Posted by bill gray View Post
    Wanna make a point to the two cops? Get the corp., sgt., lt and capt. pissed at them. Write a letter of complaint and send it and cc to everyone up the line from their barracks. Send it to the gov, head of PSP, state sen., state rep and anyone else you think of. Send the internal affairs form in to four or five days later. For a couple of days, the supervisors at the barracks will be getting calls, letters and faxes from all directions and will have no idea what the hell anyone is talking about. They will be improvising and, hopefully, will tell different stories at different times to the heavy hitters. Make the Indian chiefs look bad and there will be hell to pay by the guys at the bottom of the totem pole.
    In reality though crap rolls downhill. All of the correspondence given to the Captain will then be handed to the Lieutenant who will be told “look into this.” The Lt. will then hand it to the Sergeant, who will be told “look into this.” The Sgt. will then hand it to the Corporal and say “look into this.” The Corp. will then be heard cursing, yelling and screaming, especially at the two young guys, because of all of the paperwork he now has to do because of them.

    Then when the official complaint comes in, the corporal will be told “don’t worry about all of that paperwork, Internal Affairs is now handling it.”

  5. #155
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newport, Pennsylvania
    (Perry County)
    Age
    52
    Posts
    4,507
    Rep Power
    21474850

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    In reality though crap rolls downhill. All of the correspondence given to the Captain will then be handed to the Lieutenant who will be told “look into this.” The Lt. will then hand it to the Sergeant, who will be told “look into this.” The Sgt. will then hand it to the Corporal and say “look into this.” The Corp. will then be heard cursing, yelling and screaming, especially at the two young guys, because of all of the paperwork he now has to do because of them.

    Then when the official complaint comes in, the corporal will be told “don’t worry about all of that paperwork, Internal Affairs is now handling it.”
    For PSP, a corporal at another station will be cursing because low level BIPS (internal affairs) investigations are handed off to supervisors in the Troop one rank higher than the evil doers.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

    "He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

    "Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

  6. #156
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    16,424
    Rep Power
    21474865

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    In reality though crap rolls downhill. All of the correspondence given to the Captain will then be handed to the Lieutenant who will be told “look into this.” The Lt. will then hand it to the Sergeant, who will be told “look into this.” The Sgt. will then hand it to the Corporal and say “look into this.” The Corp. will then be heard cursing, yelling and screaming, especially at the two young guys, because of all of the paperwork he now has to do because of them.

    Then when the official complaint comes in, the corporal will be told “don’t worry about all of that paperwork, Internal Affairs is now handling it.”
    You say that as though it's a bad thing? Oh wait, now the guys that have to do all that extra paperwork will take it out on the next guy they stop for a tail light violation or dog they encounter.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    USN Retired, Pennsylvania
    (Monroe County)
    Posts
    3,010
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    When they remove you from the car they also do a body cavity search for their safety?

  8. #158
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Dauphin County, Pennsylvania
    (Dauphin County)
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    749693

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I am not sure what the chances are of him getting all of that info.

    But here is the complaint process:

    http://www.psp.pa.gov/contact/Pages/...rocedures.aspx

    I am actually surprised this happened with the PSP. Now with PPD, not so much.
    I'm also surprised, but if the CO claims or implies that they are trained to do it then produce said policy and / or training manual.

    Obviously, PSP has to deny the RTK request based on legit reasons.... The possibility for a complaint doesn't fall within the Right-To-Know exceptions. Whatever their denial reason might be, an appeal would be in order.

  9. #159
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    127.0.0.1, Pennsylvania
    (Lancaster County)
    Posts
    16,424
    Rep Power
    21474865

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    Quote Originally Posted by gooseSA40 View Post
    I'm also surprised, but if the CO claims or implies that they are trained to do it then produce said policy and / or training manual.

    Obviously, PSP has to deny the RTK request based on legit reasons.... The possibility for a complaint doesn't fall within the Right-To-Know exceptions. Whatever their denial reason might be, an appeal would be in order.
    I'd like to see it in writing that the PSP is assuming all liability for firearms that they disassemble.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

  10. #160
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Lake Effect, Pennsylvania
    (Crawford County)
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    3181877

    Default Re: PA state trooper disassenbled my gun during traffic stop

    For the purposes of this thread, is it the consensus here that if a police officer learns you are a CC permitee and then asks to disarm you for “safety reasons”.... you should clearly state that you do not consent to being disarmed but will not resist. That way, you remove yourself from any liability for any lack of knowledge or training on the part of the police that might lead to an accidental discharge.

    Furthermore, if the officer disassembles your firearm, you should request it be assembled in the condition it was prior to it being returned to you.

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 305
    Last Post: December 24th, 2011, 08:55 PM
  2. Comparing Ammo with a State Trooper brought some people to a stop.
    By B2Luv2Hunt in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: October 5th, 2011, 05:24 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 11th, 2008, 06:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops