Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default NDM-86 / Dragunov Pricing?

I'm considering selling my NDM-86 and was wondering what you all thought would be a fair asking price?
    This one is a tad bit more rare than your typical NDM-86 as this one came over with the non-americanized scope, it still has all of the original markings on it. All numbers are matching as well.
    Here are some pictures.

Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Default Re: NDM-86 / Dragunov Pricing?

You need to research completed and SOLD auctions on popular auction sites and come up with an average. If you want top dollar which is something a rifle like this can bring you then need to sell it on one of those auction sites to open it up to collectors all over the country.

In my opinion your in the $3-$5K range especially if you get a good ole bidding war and list it appropriately.

Good luck it’s beautiful rifle that I would love to own.

(Bucks County)

I sold my NDM86 in 2012 or 2013 for $3600, mine did not have the bipod, just 2 magazines, scope and sling. If i remember correctly my NDM86 was chambered in 308 and if I'm not mistaken the 7.62x54 rifles were a lot rarer and bring more money. If I'm right you should be able to get well north of 4 grand for that rifle. I'd do a lot of research and find the actual value of your rifle before you put a price on it. Did your rifle come in a velvet lined case?
    Last edited by wellcraft; February 6th, 2018 at 05:00 PM.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    I sold my NDM86 in 2012 or 2013 for $3600, mine did not have the bipod, just 2 magazines, scope and sling. If i remember correctly my NDM86 was chambered in 308 and if I'm not mistaken the 7.62x54 rifles were a lot rarer and bring more money. If I'm right you should be able to get well north of 4 grand for that rifle. I'd do a lot of research and find the actual value of your rifle before you put a price on it. Did your rifle come in a velvet lined case?
    When I was researching the NDM, Dragunov, and Tiger in 2011, I saw about $3500 for the .308 and about $4800 for the 54r. (edit - and that was 2011, so it's going to be higher now) It's definitely been a while so I could be off. The recommendation of the Gunbroker sold listings is best. Might be able to google some older forum posts from around the web about prices. It certainly wouldn't have gone down.

I couldn't afford one when I was doing my price search. Some stooge on here had an ad for a PSL, but clearly had one of the previously mentioned rifles pictured. Despite me talking to him on the phone for about 20 minutes about what he said he had and what he had pictured, he never checked his post. I even explained what I was seeing and that he could ask for way more money (he was asking like $1200). He just agreed and would still sell it for his posted price. So I thought I was seriously lucking out. I drove about an hour to meet him to find out he DID have a PSL. I called him out on his post and showed him a screen shot and that his when he told me he must have made a mistake and "accidently" posted a picture of his dad's dragunov. Sorry about that rant. Still gets me.
    Last edited by ViperHummel; February 7th, 2018 at 12:14 AM.

The 54R is defiantly going to bring more money and now that I can see the the ammo box's pictured that's exactly what you have.

(Bucks County)

Did you sell this? If not let's talk.