Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Glock 27 Hard to Insert Fully Loaded Mag

This morning I picked up a Pearce +1 extension for my Gen2 27. After installing it, I ran some snap caps through the gun to check everything. Right off, inserting the fully loaded mag on a closed slide, It was really tight. It normally takes a little effort to get it in when fully loaded, but holy crap. I also noticed then that to work the slide to chamber a round, it took an unusual amount of effort, until the slide cleared that round in the magazine. Yeah, I know, insert a mag with the slide open, but the first shot would have to overcome that extra friction too.

Thinking it was just the snap caps, I tried it with my carry ammo, Hornady Critical Defense. It was maybe even a little harder.

With stock mags, there was always a little extra effort required, same as on my G22, but this is rediculous.

Anyone else run into this issue? It almost makes it impossible to carry +1, thus defeating the purpose of the extension.

Default Re: Glock 27 Hard to Insert Fully Loaded Mag

I had one that I could never load +1 on a g26. I finally took the mag apart and found it wasn't put together correctly. Otherwise I don't know.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

My Beretta 96a1 is just like that. I have to loade 11+ 1 instead of 12 in the magazine.

(Lancaster County)

With both the Pearce plus one and Glock factory plus two extensions this is indeed the case. What I do is insert the loaded mag on an open slide then drop it forward to insert the first round. Then top off the mag, point gun in a safe direction, keep finger off trigger and re insert mag with adequate force. I’ve never had an issue with it not cycling regardless of how tight it feels. Shoot it at the range a bunch in plus one condition to build confidence and make sure your gun runs as it should. The fully loaded and inserted mag will loosen up (slightly) over time. Make note of how far your mag release sticks out when empty and ensure it’s out just as far when you load the magazine.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by AJ168 View Post
    thus defeating the purpose of the extension.
    yep. Just go with an xgrip and a glock 23 mag 4 more out the door.

link:https://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...-polymer-black
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22341&dateline=139092  6582

Glock has reasons why they don't care much for after market whiz bangers put on their magazines. Glock engineers design the magazine springs to be of a specific length that matches the amount of rounds contained in the magazine. As you have found out, changing the geometry of their design causes issues. I am of the "keep it stock" school. If you need the space for your pinky, get a G23.

(Northampton County)

I used a Pearce 1+ on my G26 and it would make the gun fail every time. Be warned. The pressure from the rounds in the mag would not allow the slide to go back and forth.