Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pa firearms transfer I.D question

Let's say your PA state DL is expired by a month because you haven't received it back in the mail yet.
    You go to transfer a gun at an FFL from yourself to someone else... you have the expired DL and a current carry permit.
    Will the carry permit work as I.D, will they just write the expired DL number down or will they not do the transfer? Would this be up to the person doing the transfer? Is any photo ID acceptable?
    Thanks
    Last edited by keystonetarget; February 3rd, 2018 at 10:03 PM.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Pa firearms transfer I.D question

Not a vaild ID. PICS would reject it.
    But from you to someone with valid ID, and if addr on LTCF and DL match, I would transfer from you. The DL not need form the =from person on the forms.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Monroe County)

But from you to someone with valid ID, and if addr on LTCF and DL match, I would transfer from you. The DL not need form the =from person on the forms.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystonetarget View Post
    Let's say your PA state DL is expired by a month because you haven't received it back in the mail yet.
    How is your DL expired for a month when you get a notice to renew two months in advance and with the internet and a credit card it can be renewed instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    How is your DL expired for a month when you get a notice to renew two months in advance and with the internet and a credit card it can be renewed instantly.
    Did they get rid of the photo cards, and in-person posing for the new photo?

Last time I went to the PennDOT center, it took a couple of hours. For people with real jobs, that can be a burden to schedule.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Simple, mailed it in at the last moment, instead of mailing it upon receiving.

For the photo part, I've always gone on Saturday, and at opening time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Northumberland County)

These things happen. When you procrastinate.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Centre County)

Your ID does not have to be a PA DL, it can be any valid government ID that shows name, address and date of birth and photo. Passports work, military ID works. The 4473 explains what can be used in block 18a and 18b to satisfy the requirements. For a handgun, the SP4-113 (Application/Record of Sale) requires government issued documentation to establish proof of identity that will provide the following: photo, name, residence address, date of birth, signature of individual.

Even though on the SP4-113 has a block for the DL, it does not have to be a PA DL that is used.

From the PICS Manual for PA Firearms Dealers: "Any combination of valid government issued documentation which together establishes all of the required information is acceptable. If the primary ID (say a valid PA DL - my addition) satisfies all required information a secondary ID is not required.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    Concur, just fill out Secton F on the SP 4 form with the address that matches your DL.
    <a href=http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg target=_blank>http://www.filehive.com/files/080820/bowkillpa.jpg</a>

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Did they get rid of the photo cards, and in-person posing for the new photo?

Last time I went to the PennDOT center, it took a couple of hours. For people with real jobs, that can be a burden to schedule.
    No, the still have the photo card. But like I said everything up getting your photo taken can be done from a smartphone, in a lounge chair, in your living room. And the photo card it self is valid for a period of time as a license.

If you have to wait at the DMV you ain’t doing it right. I have never gotten one in Philadelphia, but found slow locations in Norristown. I went after daywork, when my hours are just like people with real jobs, and was in and out in about 12 minutes. Don’t let any other of the .gov workers know how efficient they worked at this location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast