Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig 938

(Westmoreland County)

Default Sig 938

I've had this gun for a couple of years now. It's mostly a summer carry gun. I've always shot well, but last night I really impressed myself. Anymore I can shoot this gun as accuractely and fast as my full size nines, even though this is a micro 9.

Not boasting or anything, just can't get over how comfortable I am shooting this gun! Only real complaint is that I wish that the safety functioned exactly like a 1911 safety.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Sig 938

I used to have a 238 and 938. Sold them to finance another gun purchase. I really liked them a lot too. Very easy to stay on target even out past 21 feet. If I found a used one for a good price, I'd probably pick it up. They are great for pocket carry.

(Lawrence County)

I actually like that the safety pulls the hammer off the sear. You can adjust how far with some filing.

If only Sig CS was decent.......

Lycanstillcarriesa938thrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Bucks County)

This is a carry pistol and I like how you can rack the slide with the safety on. Yes I know with the correct technique you don't need this feature but it makes me feel a little safer when I am loading / unloading in my bedroom.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    This is a carry pistol and I like how you can rack the slide with the safety on. Yes I know with the correct technique you don't need this feature but it makes me feel a little safer when I am loading / unloading in my bedroom.

Quoted for truth. I carry a P238 daily and I appreciate that I never have to disengage the safety to unload/ rack the slide/ clear the weapon. I know it's different than Saint John Moses Browning's greatest design (which I also love) but I feel it does make everyday life a bit easier and safer. I love mine.
    I'm faster than Doc Holliday (with Novocaine of course)

I've had my P938 for about four years and overall I think it's a pretty good gun. I have one big gripe about it, though. The right side safety is loose. It's a common problem for the P938. Being left handed it's worrisome to not feel slight resistance and a firm click when disengaging the safety. Sig says it's normal. I say bullshit. There's no excuse for a gun that costs as much as this one did to have a critical safety component loosen over time with no way to fix it other than sending it back to Sig. Even then, they only replace the safety with the same one as before; so eventually it will loosen again.

(Delaware County)

Sorry to necro an old thread but I'm increasingly interested in a P938 and was curious how folks still like them/how they're holding up.

(Montgomery County)

I still love mine. Shoots great and easy to conceal carry, even with an OWB holster.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by grGuns View Post
    Sorry to necro an old thread but I'm increasingly interested in a P938 and was curious how folks still like them/how they're holding up.
    Check out the new p365 before pulling the trigger on outdated tech.

You could rack the slide 1 handed, stupid acurate at distance, lighter with a lager ammo capacity in the same overall size. Also has very very little recoil, less recoil than my cz clone combat 9mm with a fully loaded mag for extra weight. Lol.
    Oh,they also just released a p365 with a manual safety, and an XL version as well. You can also get 15round mags for the p365. They are really turning this into a 1 gun does it all type deal for self defense. On the road or home. they ship with 2 10rnd mags, but 12 and 15 are available.

(Delaware County)

Ya I dig the P365 with the safety too. I kinda want both...lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast