Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CCP/research

(Cambria County)

Default Re: CCP/research

The thing is about those two questions, is that the paraphernalia is being exspunged. Therefore it virtually never happened. correct?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell2511 View Post
    The thing is about those two questions, is that the paraphernalia is being exspunged. Therefore it virtually never happened. correct?
    And there's your sign. IANAL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Cambria County)

I’m unsure of what you mean by that

I recently was on probation for a paraphernalia charge. (wrong place wrong time) i do not smoke weed. with that being said I was on probation without verdict. meaning once completed it will be exspunged off my record in 6-9 months. about 2 weeks ago i finished probation. that was in indiana county. I also had a disorderly conduct in Cambria county that probation was completed for. My question is why am I on research? I appealed the ccp. Also a gun attorney told me that if I was denied they could press charges and give me a felony? I only have a misdemeanor and a summary offense. I was told by my probation officer i would be able to buy/inherit and carry.
    I don’t know the answer, but a couple of points.

1. You said you completed probation 2 weeks ago, and that it would take 6-9 months after that for it to be expunged. Wouldn’t that mean it has not been expunged yet and still on record? Being expunged is not the same thing as expunged.

2. As for being charged with a felony, check out this post by Gunlawyer, he points out that a lot of people are being charged for trying to buy a gun when they are prohibited.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=263156

I use to think I knew a lot, but my time on this site has shown me that I do not know as much as I thought I did. Does expungement mean it will totally be off your record and you will be free and clear to buy a gun? I don’t know, that is why it would be smart to talk to a lawyer versed in firearm law and make sure everything means what you think it means. The alternative could be expensive and affect your life negatively if you don’t take the time to cross your t’s and dot your i’s now.
    Last edited by internet troll; February 3rd, 2018 at 09:37 AM.

(Erie County)

I’m unsure of what you mean by that
    You are trying to do something that you legally can't, because another action has NOT taken.

Also, whether this action happens, how are you supposed to answer those questions on the LTCF form.

(Cambria County)

Internet Troll, I am allowed to buy a gun. I am just unsure if I can carry one yet.

Gun, I just talked to an attorney. He said the only way I can get charged is if I answered the questions falsely. Which I didn’t. I answered to the best of my ability. He also agreed that the Probation without Verdict program means I was never convicted of the said crime. Therefore meaning questions B and F would result in a No.

(Erie County)

Answering to your best ability isn't the same as providing a correct answer.

Did you tell this lawyer you answered NO to both questions?

(Cambria County)

33. I have never been convicted of a crime that prohibits me from possessing or acquiring a firearm under Federal or State law. I am of sound mind and have never been committed to a mental institution or mental health care facility. I hereby certify that the statements contained herein are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that if I knowingly make any false statements herein, I am subject to penalties prescribed by law. I authorize the sheriff, or his designee, or, in the case of first class cities, the chief or head of the police department, or his designee, to inspect only those records or documents relevant to information required for this application. If I am issued a license and knowingly become ineligible to legally possess or acquire firearms, I will promptly notify the sheriff of the county in which I reside or, if I reside in a city of the first class, the chief of police of that city. This certification is made subject to both the penalties of § 4904 of the Crimes Code, 18 Pa.C.S., relating to unsworn falsifications to authorities and the Uniform Firearms Act.

(Montgomery County)

Internet Troll, I am allowed to buy a gun. I am just unsure if I can carry one yet.

Gun, I just talked to an attorney. He said the only way I can get charged is if I answered the questions falsely. Which I didn’t. I answered to the best of my ability. He also agreed that the Probation without Verdict program means I was never convicted of the said crime. Therefore meaning questions B and F would result in a No.
    Did you speak to an attorney that specializes in gun law specifically?
    Or did you just speak to a generic attorney?
    This distinction is extremely important in these types of cases.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Cambria County)

I spoke to a gun rights attorney.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast