Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suppresors

Default Suppresors

I would like to get a supressor for a handgun (9mm), a rifle in 300BO, and maybe a 12G.

I live in bucks county. What is the best way to go a
    About it this?

Is there a reputable FFL dealer that can facilitate it? Is there a reliable online service or service that can help? or do I need the help of a lawyer to make sure it’s done right.

Ultimately, at some point, I would like to own 3 suppressors one for a handgun, one for a rifle, and one for perhaps shotgun - if that’s even possible. I don’t care if I have to pay 3 tax stamps I just would like to have 3 different suppresors, one for all handguns, one for all rifles and one for all shotguns. I’m looking for the easiest and quicker method to accomplish this.

Any info on the actual supressor for each
    “Class” would also be great. Is there one suppressor that can handle all three roles?
    Last edited by Johnny497P; February 2nd, 2018 at 12:53 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Suppresors

Go to kings shooter supply
    There are a multitude of suppressors available for 300bo and 9mm. There is one game in town for 12gauge. It’s the salvo

(Berks County)

If you are only going to shoot subsonic in the blackout you can use some/most pistol cans for that. If you only go one suppressor in each category make sure your pistol can is a modular 45 can and the rifle is a 30 cal or larger. This way they may not be the smallest or lightest for some hosts but you can use them on probably most of what you want to shoot suppressed. As mentioned the silencerco salvo is the 12 gauge suppressor. Another way to purchase or shop is go to silencershop online and you can buy from there and choose a dealer closest to you that has the best price and rating.

(Wyoming County)

Yes there should be plenty of good Dealers in your area. *Some of them may even do the fingerprints & photographs for you, which is really convenient.

First order of business is to determine if you want to purchase as an individual or a entity using a LLC or a Trust. That is a whole can of worms of folks arguing which is best.

Next try and do some research on which suppressors fit your needs. I'm not trying to sell you on a particular brand but SilencerCo dominates the market. That being said I have a- SilencerCo Specwar 5.56, a Yankee Hill Machine(YHM) Phantom LT .30 cal, an AAC .22lr Pilot, & my latest addition is a Deadair Armament Wolf 9SD.

IF you only want to suppress .300BLK you can get a suppressor that will do both pistol & .300BLK The Deadair Wolf is rated for both & I know the SilencerCo Omega K series is too. If you want to suppress 5.56 or 308 and higher you're *almost going to need a dedicated rifle can.

I say *almost because there are cans that try to be the ONE CAN TO DO IT ALL. I think the Griffin Optimus tries that: https://www.griffinarmament.com/OPTI...ER-p/gaopt.htm
    I'm sure SIlencerCo probably makes one similar but I don't know off the top of my head.

How well they work - I can't say. They do tend to be pretty pricey (hell they're all pricey).

If there is one can that I regret buying it's my rimfire can. I know they are popular as hell and pretty affordable, but .22lr just isn't that loud to begin with especially out of a rifle, and man they get really dirty and cleaning it is a pain in the ass. (just my opinion).

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Wyoming County)

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny497P View Post
    I would like to get a supressor for a handgun (9mm), a rifle in 300BO, and maybe a 12G.

I live in bucks county. What is the best way to go a
    About it this?

Is there a reputable FFL dealer that can facilitate it? Is there a reliable online service or service that can help? or do I need the help of a lawyer to make sure it’s done right.

Ultimately, at some point, I would like to own 3 suppressors one for a handgun, one for a rifle, and one for perhaps shotgun - if that’s even possible. I don’t care if I have to pay 3 tax stamps I just would like to have 3 different suppresors, one for all handguns, one for all rifles and one for all shotguns. I’m looking for the easiest and quicker method to accomplish this.

Any info on the actual supressor for each
    “Class” would also be great. Is there one suppressor that can handle all three roles?
    Hi, neighbor!

I have a Griffin Armament Optimus that I shoot 9mm, 300BO (super & sub) and .223... got it from a local FFL through Silencer Shop.

What range do you frequent? I can bring mine if you wish to try it out!
    "A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ― Edward R. Murrow

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ExFlyinguy View Post
    I have one of these pending for my scorpion SBR. The diameter of this can is over 1.6" which may interfere with sights on a pistol if you plan to use it for that. It's also heavy, but the larger diameter means it is shorter than some of the cans with smaller diameters. It is rated for both 9mm and 300BO. Just wanted to point out the sight clearance issue. Obviously this isn't the only can that would interfere with the sights, but if you aren't thinking about it, you might be disappointed or frustrated.

(Blair County)

i think i would go for the osprey in the pistol the round ones need higher sights .

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mmi View Post
    i think i would go for the osprey in the pistol the round ones need higher sights .
    Sights? I thought you just sort of pointed the silencer at the target like in the movies...

(Lackawanna County)

If you can shoot with both eyes open you can shoot with normal sights. I don’t find the osprey to be all that quiet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast