Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: Desert Eagle 50 A/E Question

Thanks again all. Ordered a new mag and will be cleaning and lubing the gun well checking everything mentioned!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Well, ordered new mag and back to the range with it and different ammo. Same issue every time. Fires, ejects casing but won't chamber a new round - so frustrating. Now to find out where to send it off too
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Well, ordered new mag and back to the range with it and different ammo. Same issue every time. Fires, ejects casing but won't chamber a new round - so frustrating. Now to find out where to send it off too
    Have you tried only loading (2) rounds into the mag? First gets chambered manually, the 2nd for the autoloading action.

This would be a test to see if weight of column is a factor upon the spring.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Thanks for the tip - yes, I tried that too - same problem Got my RA from Magnum Research and it went out today FedEx. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Have you tried only loading (2) rounds into the mag? First gets chambered manually, the 2nd for the autoloading action.

This would be a test to see if weight of column is a factor upon the spring.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Super fast turnaround from Magnum research - now hopefully the gun is fixed. Here is what they said :
    "removed burrs from bolt - adjusted slide catch and checked throughout pistol. Test fired 14 rounds 300 gr hornady"
    Any thoughts ?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Berks County)

Sounds like they did see something and corrected it. Hopefully its all good now

Super fast turnaround from Magnum research - now hopefully the gun is fixed. Here is what they said :
    "removed burrs from bolt - adjusted slide catch and checked throughout pistol. Test fired 14 rounds 300 gr hornady"
    Any thoughts ?

My thought is for a company that charges $1500 for a one off novelty firearm they have some shitty QC.

Keep us posted.

(Cumberland County)

my thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    My thought is for a company that charges $1500 for a one off novelty firearm they have some shitty QC.

Keep us posted.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

fingers crossed !

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    Sounds like they did see something and corrected it. Hopefully its all good now
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Jefferson County)

Any thoughts ?
    Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    There are generally only 3 reasons why a gun wont strip another cartridge from the magazine.

1. Weak mag spring. The slide rides over the next cartridge, and does so pretty fast. If the mag spring doesn't push the cartridge up after the slide has cleared the rear of the cartridge and starts moving forward - it wont nab the cartridge.

2. The slide isn't cycling back far enough past the rear of the next cartridge.

3. Limp wristing. If the slide cycles all the way, and if the mag spring is strong, inertia of the recoil can work against the mag spring. This issue tends to magnify as cartridge weight in the magazine increases.

--------

Mix in the Desert Eagle with 1-3 above..

#3 magnifies #1 substantially due to the overall weight of .44mag and .50AE cartridges. If the spring is weak, it will have a harder time pushing up more mass.

With the DE, it likes hotter cartridges to cycle all the way(#2). Heavy slide, heavy recoil springs. If I remember correctly, they are rated at 25lbs EACH for the 44mag. Possibly more for the .50AE. Most commercially available .50AE shouldn't have the #2 issue unless the gas port is restricted or there is something causing drag on the cycling action.

So, I'd lean towards the mag springs, make sure the gas action is clean, and that there aren't any burs in the action causing additional drag.
    :/ lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123