Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Gun Stocks Surge Past Broader Market

Shares of gun makers jump, continuing this year’s winning streak amid coronavirus, protests

Shares of gun manufacturers soared Monday, continuing this year’s winning streak.
    Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. jumped 15.1% to $13.61. Sturm, Ruger RGR +4.47% & Co. advanced 9.4% to $68.20. Shares of both companies outpaced the broader market, with the S&P 500 rising 0.4% on Monday.
    “People are watching the news,” said Steve Sosnick, chief strategist at Interactive Brokers. “The market is anticipating that there will be increased interest and demand for firearms as a result of what’s going on in the world right now.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/gun-sto...le_email_share

Bill

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Gun Stocks Surge Past Broader Market

It's funny, I thought they'd stay flat because of how suppressed the supply chain is right now which will put a cap on sales to some extent. But I've been wrong before. Investors may not fully know the supply constraints at the moment.

(Elk County)

Firearm manufacturer stocks will be hot potatoes again soon enough when virtue signalling SJW activists once again decry them as evil investments.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Monroe County)

Good they can finally get me my cust's backordered ranch rifle.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Columbia County)

American Outdoors brand corporation (AOBC) was formerly know as the Smith and Wesson holding company (SWHC) was as high as $30.00 a share in November of 2016. That came abruptly to an end after Trump won. It sank to about 20.00 than to $10.00 and less ever since. It about at $15.00 at the writing of this post.

If one bought it when it was less than $10.00 a share I would hold it. If Biden happens to win then I suspect it may skyrocket to $30.00 and beyond. Because of the panic buy from the virus and now the riots I expect it to be bullish but how much is anyone guess. Keep in mind they are only a small to mid Cap company.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    It's funny, I thought they'd stay flat because of how suppressed the supply chain is right now which will put a cap on sales to some extent. But I've been wrong before. Investors may not fully know the supply constraints at the moment.
    It's not uncommon for stocks value to change based on perception rather than the numbers/facts. So where people in the know see supply chain constraints, all people on the surface see is supply not meeting increasing demand thus higher prices and margins.

*This is not full blown analysis, but a 2 sentence simple summary of why the stock may not behave as expected.