Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Lansford, Pennsylvania
    (Carbon County)
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    My wife and I are looking to have her gun rights restored after a 302 when she was 13. She is now 31. We called a few places and no one keeps the records that far back regarding the 302. What can we do to have them restored without being able to get her records? I would appreciate any help!
    Last edited by Jpslcollins28; January 31st, 2018 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Grammar

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,880
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    The first thing I would do would be to request the full history from PA State Police. You can do that over the web with a search. It costs a few bucks but not a lot. After you get that I would contact a lawyer. Gunlawyer001 on here has a good reputation.
    I know where Hunter's been.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey
    Posts
    1,545
    Rep Power
    5047960

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    Are you sure it was a 302? I worked in bucks county around that.time and did not do 302 petitions for kids under the age.of 14, as 14 is the age of consent for mental health services in PA.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Wallingford, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    17
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpslcollins28 View Post
    My wife and I are looking to have her gun rights restored after a 302 when she was 13. She is now 31. We called a few places and no one keeps the records that far back regarding the 302. What can we do to have them restored without being able to get her records? I would appreciate any help!
    Luckily, after the July 1, 2019 decision by ATF that relief under 18 PA CS 6105 (f)(1) is federally qualifying, it is actually possible to restore your rights even if you cannot prove the commitment was based upon insufficient evidence (which is necessary to obtain a 302 expungement under 6111.1 (g)(2) ) which was very difficult to do after In Re Keyes and In Re Vencil.

    Here is a list of lawyers who know how to handle these cases properly (made by me):
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...03#post4043103

    I won my 302 expungement just over a month ago. It cost $5022.66

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Douglassville, Pennsylvania
    (Berks County)
    Posts
    3,880
    Rep Power
    21474847

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRaptor2002 View Post
    Luckily, after the July 1, 2019 decision by ATF that relief under 18 PA CS 6105 (f)(1) is federally qualifying, it is actually possible to restore your rights even if you cannot prove the commitment was based upon insufficient evidence (which is necessary to obtain a 302 expungement under 6111.1 (g)(2) ) which was very difficult to do after In Re Keyes and In Re Vencil.

    Here is a list of lawyers who know how to handle these cases properly (made by me):
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...03#post4043103

    I won my 302 expungement just over a month ago. It cost $5022.66
    Congratulations on getting it expunged, ouch! on the cost of it.
    I know where Hunter's been.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Montco, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    394
    Rep Power
    16659245

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Congratulations on getting it expunged, ouch! on the cost of it.
    But gum-gum paid for it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,607
    Rep Power
    12063985

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    Quote Originally Posted by Jpslcollins28 View Post
    My wife and I are looking to have her gun rights restored after a 302 when she was 13. She is now 31. We called a few places and no one keeps the records that far back regarding the 302. What can we do to have them restored without being able to get her records? I would appreciate any help!
    Talk to a Lawyer.

    Free advice is worth what you paid for it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yutopia, Pennsylvania
    (Westmoreland County)
    Posts
    3,607
    Rep Power
    12063985

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralRaptor2002 View Post
    Luckily, after the July 1, 2019 decision by ATF that relief under 18 PA CS 6105 (f)(1) is federally qualifying, it is actually possible to restore your rights even if you cannot prove the commitment was based upon insufficient evidence (which is necessary to obtain a 302 expungement under 6111.1 (g)(2) ) which was very difficult to do after In Re Keyes and In Re Vencil.

    Here is a list of lawyers who know how to handle these cases properly (made by me):
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...03#post4043103

    I won my 302 expungement just over a month ago. It cost $5022.66
    Doubtless "Red Flag" lawyer fees will be as expensive.

    Our Elitists who push this "gun safety" crap know what they're doing - making gun ownership expensive and painful.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    zelienople, Pennsylvania
    (Beaver County)
    Posts
    846
    Rep Power
    21474841

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    "no one keeps the records that far back regarding the 302", if there is no record then there is no record.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Belly of the BEAST, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)
    Posts
    1,138
    Rep Power
    19678815

    Default Re: Restoring gun rights from a 302 18 years ago with no records

    Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    "no one keeps the records that far back regarding the 302", if there is no record then there is no record.
    Ding ding ding ding.

    Call a lawyer like Phil Kline.(Gunlawyer001 here on the forum)
    Let him due his due diligence for a fee of course.
    Gives you legal support and backing.
    You need to see whats actually on your files.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Restoring rights
    By Charlierock79 in forum General
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: December 19th, 2017, 08:16 PM
  2. Replies: 20
    Last Post: March 1st, 2016, 10:44 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: February 21st, 2015, 11:39 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 12th, 2014, 07:06 PM
  5. restoring gun rights
    By johnny323 in forum General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 16th, 2009, 03:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops