Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Kimber to Open Manufacturing Plant in Alabama

Gun Maker to Open Manufacturing Plant in Alabama
    The $38 million investment will create 366 jobs.
    https://www.ien.com/operations/news/...ant-in-alabama

Bill

Contributor: Associated Press

TROY, Ala. (AP) — Troy, Alabama is about to get an economic shot in the arm with 366 jobs expected after a leading firearms maker announced it will soon build a facility in the city.

WSFA-TV reports Gov. Kay Ivey's office confirmed Tuesday that Kimber Manufacturing, based in Yonkers, New York, will invest $38 million over the next five years. The facility should be up and running by early 2019.

Ivey says Kimber's investment in Troy will create a significant number of high-paying design engineering and manufacturing jobs.

Kimber's chief operating officer, Greg Grogan, says the company will build a large, automated, state-of-the-art design engineering and manufacturing facility in Troy to support Kimber's strategic growth plans.

Mayor Jason Reeves says the city has a strong manufacturing base and Kimber will substantially add to that foundation.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Kimber to Open Manufacturing Plant in Alabama

I'd like to thank Donald Trump in advance for bringing more manufacturing to the USA
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Clearfield County)

Kimber is a leading manufacturer?

Quote Originally Posted by buxbandit View Post
    I'd like to thank Donald Trump in advance for bringing more manufacturing to the USA
    Eh, this one you need to credit to Andy Cuomo. This is a result of the unSAFE act.

(Chester County)

They are too pretty to even shoot! Why are they so expensive? Have always wondered. Could put that kind of money elsewhere i.m.o.

(Berks County)

This might make me buy another Kimber. Glad to hear it!

(Lackawanna County)

I didn't see it but are they moving or just opening an additional plant ???

(Wayne County)

Another great story to hear about Kimber. Add this to Weatherby moving out of Commiefornia and I think there’s a movement taking place.

(Chester County)

Kimber's press release:

Kimber Announces Manufacturing Expansion in Alabama

PR Contact: pr@kimberamerica.com
    (888) 243-4522

For Immediate Release
    Kimber Announces Manufacturing Expansion in Alabama
    YONKERS, N.Y., January 9, 2018 — Kimber Mfg., Inc., a leading American firearms manufacturer, today announced that it has finalized plans to expand manufacturing operations to Alabama. Kimber will begin operations in early 2019, with a new design engineering and manufacturing facility in the City of Troy.

Once a small manufacturing company based in Yonkers, NY, Kimber has grown at a rapid pace over the past 21 years with locations in the New York metro area and Montana. The new Troy facility will double Kimber’s manufacturing capacity.

“Due to an unprecedented year-over-year growth in demand, every time the company has embarked upon a planned expansion, the newly created capacity is exhausted before the expansion is complete,” said James Cox, Kimber’s chief financial officer. “As we continue to move into uncharted waters in regards to Kimber product demand, it was important to us to build a facility that will allow us to secure a significant new plateau of capacity.”

“We are pleased with the impressive track record that Alabama has with attracting and retaining world-class manufacturing companies,” said Leslie Edelman, Kimber’s president and chief executive officer. “Growing our company intelligently depends significantly on being in the right manufacturing environment, and in Troy, we have a community dedicated to our long-term success. Working with the Alabama Department of Commerce as well as Mayor Jason Reeves and his team has been a pleasurable and rewarding experience.”

“We will be building a large, automated, state-of-the-art design engineering and manufacturing facility in Troy to support Kimber’s growth plan and strategy,” said Greg Grogan, Kimber’s chief operating officer. “Troy offers us expansion with a passionate workforce, affordable utility costs, a pro-business environment, experienced local training support, and long-term incentives from the State of Alabama and the City of Troy alike. This expansion, in conjunction with our existing manufacturing facilities, talented and experienced employees, and best-in-class products provides for exciting times here at Kimber.”

“This is a dream come true for the City of Troy and for me personally; a firearms manufacturing company with such a stellar brand as Kimber, creating jobs and capital investment for the community,” said Jason Reeves, Mayor of the City of Troy. “Troy has a strong manufacturing base and Kimber will certainly, positively add to that.”
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Monroe County)

They are still staying in NY, just expanding to AL so meh. When they no longer have NY on them let me know.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast