Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default My Growing collection

Here is my current (& slowly growing) collection. They are all C&R guns with the exception of the 1911.

CE(J.P. Sauer)-1943 k98, 1945 Longbranch No.4 Mk1* Enfield, British Webley Mk. IV Revolver, Jap Type 99, 1940 Tula M1891/30 Mosin Nagant, 1943 Izhevsk M38 Mosin, 1941 Izhevsk SVT-40, 1922 Springfield M1903, 5/42 Springfield M1 Garand, late 1944 Winchester M1 Carbine

and two I have added since that picture

10/43 Winchester M1 Garand (All correct except for the rear sights & barrel)

Rock Island Armory 1911

(Bucks County)

Threads like this depress me... Nice collection you have.
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

If you like C&R's you MUST get a K31 and a Finnish M39 to add to the collection. Why you ask??? Accuracy. Nice collection...I am in the process of thinning out my toys...I have close to 50 and some space. That C&R license is the best $30 you could spend.

Default Re: My Growing collection

That SVT-40 is worth a pretty penny now. I bought a 1941, appears unfired with a two digit serial number, when the were $170 (ea) per half dozen, picked the best one out of the lot. I still can't bring myself to fire it.

(Union County)

Darn nice collection of C&R's:

Ever think of adding trapdoor Springfield or 30-40 Krag?

grizz

(Allegheny County)

I do have plans for those at some point, but being a college kid, its abuot the money, something thats in very short supply at the moment

(Lebanon County)

Very nice shiney guns. I'm hoping to start a WWII collection with an k98k, and if you think you're tight on money - ahahahahahahaha. I'm really pushing it here buy just considereing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yinger View Post
    I do have plans for those at some point, but being a college kid, its abuot the money, something thats in very short supply at the moment
    For a student, you're doing very well! Not counting the handguns, that's about $2500-$3k in W.W.II stuff alone.

(Lebanon County)

Just wondering hows the M1 Carby? And are there any tips you have for me in reguards to buying one, because they look pretty fun to me, and I'd like one around this spring time maybe.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Willtallica View Post
    Just wondering hows the M1 Carby? And are there any tips you have for me in reguards to buying one, because they look pretty fun to me, and I'd like one around this spring time maybe.
    They are a blast (no pun intended). I love mine to death, though I recently traded the one in the picture for a Nationl Postal Meter/Union Switch & Signal carbine. But anyhow, back to the topic at hand.

Prices can range from $500-up for GI carbines
    Depending how much you wish to spend, there are a few key points to remember.

-Import Marks-these usually detract from value, though if your not too concerned about it, they are slightly more affordable way to get a Carbine. On a side note, most poeple tend to avoid the "Blue Sky" imports, ive heard it had something to do with the import mark being struck too hard causing discrepencies in the barrel.

-Commericial Copies-Avoid these at all costs if you want a GI Carbine. GI Carbines will only have been made by any of the following:
    -Winchester, Quality Hardware(Quality HMC reciever marking), National Postal Meter, Standard Products, Inland, Saginaw SG, Saginaw S'G', Irwin Pedersen(rare), Rock-Ola, IBM Corp, Underwood, Union Switch & Signal(also rare, subcontractor for QHMC, marked UN-QUALITY, and NPM, marked standard National Postal Meter on the reciever but with a "U" stamp on the rear). There are others such as the "line-outs" and such,. but those are also rare.

-The usual, Throat Erosion, Muzzle Wear, barrel condition, etc. Most GI Carbine barrels will be marked near the front sight with the contractors name.

-Rewelds-Though not as common a problem as with the Garand, always check regardless for any signs of a rewelded reciever.

As for books, Scott Duff/Larry Ruth offer a basic book "The M1 Carbine Owners Guide" which is highly recommended for the begining Carbine owner. If you really want to get in depth Larry Ruth authoured 2 books, "War Baby!", & "War Baby Comes Home". Both are extremely indepth of the Carbine program, but also are a bit pricy at around $60 each.

If you have any other specific questions, feel free to ask, myself or someone else will be sure to help you out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast