Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Philly terror attack.....

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    If there is krazner wont care. (unless you were shooting up at the time whilst spitting on a cop)
    Yep, and therein lies the problem...Krazner won't care, you can win your case and the statute won't pay the legal fees.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Not sure.....but I believe there is a statute protecting a citizen from liability claims when interviening during a life & death situation.....anyone know ?
    If you are refering to the Good Samaritan Act, I believe that covers a person from liability who renders first aid to someone who needs medical help.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by sbmania View Post
    I agree with what you are saying 100%. But I'll tell you, if my wife or kids were the next ones in line to be mowed down by this guy, and one of you guys was nearby with a pistol and I wasn't, I'd sure hope you would put a bullet in the driver's head to stop the attack from continuing!

Years ago, this wouldn't have been given a second thought. It's what any logically thinking person would have done. Stop the evil from continuing and preserve as many lives as possible. Today, it would be a toss up as to who is in more trouble - the terrorist or the armed citizen!
    I agree I would want someone to do the same for my family and there was a time where people would give a lot of leeway to someone who meant well, but may have overreached. Like you said it would be a toss up today.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567