Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Philly terror attack.....

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    The guy was identified earlier today. It took a little time to notify relatives because he was from out of town. No conspiracy afoot.

http://6abc.com/driver-shot-killed-b...a-idd/3002398/

Khalil Lawal 31 of Arlington, VA.
    Odd name for an Irishman.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    ....and,no mention of the dead guy's identity yet?
    Guys name is Khalil Lawal. Go figure. Angry Irish guy I think. Someone called him a Mick.

(Montgomery County)

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/01/p...d-khalil-lawal

Exposing the role that Islamic jihad theology and ideology play in the modern global conflicts
    Philadelphia: Driver who tried to hit pedestrian, then attacked officer identified as Muslim named Khalil Lawal

Jan 30, 2018
    Jihad Watch
    By Robert Spencer

Philadelphia Islamist Terror Car Ramming Attack by Khalil Lawal 31 from Virginia 2018-1-30 - Pho.JPG

The driver was “Khalil Lawal, 31, of Arlington, Virginia.” Khalil Lawal of Arlington, Virginia, 31, has a Facebook page (doubtless it will soon be taken down). He is a member of the group Jannah Al-Firdaus, which says: “Jannah [Paradise] is my Goal My happiness is my Imaan [faith] and my Imaan [faith] is in my heart and my heart doesn’t belong to anyone but Allaah. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful Alsalam Alaykum…”

“Investigators say Lawal apparently tried to use his black Honda hit a person who had just gotten out of a car. Then, on foot, Lawal chased another person who had tried to detain him, and then charged at the off-duty officer after he approached, leading to a violent struggle.”

Last June, the Islamic State published a poster depicting an SUV driving over a heap of skulls and bearing the legend “Run Over Them Without Mercy.”

And the Islamic State issued this call in September 2014:

So O muwahhid, do not let this battle pass you by wherever you may be. You must strike the soldiers, patrons, and troops of the tawaghit. Strike their police, security, and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents. Destroy their beds. Embitter their lives for them and busy them with themselves. If you can kill a disbelieving American or European — especially the spiteful and filthy French — or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be….If you are not able to find an IED or a bullet, then single out the disbelieving American, Frenchman, or any of their allies. Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him….

“The struggle between the suspect and the officer was caught on video, Commissioner Richard Ross said during a news conference late Monday. However, he said he was concerned about the number of shots the detective fired.”

Is the detective about to be made a scapegoat for the “Islamophobic” crime of stopping this jihadi?

----

“Driver shot, killed by off-duty officer in South Philadelphia ID’d,” WPVI, January 30, 2018 (thanks to Orange Martyrs):

SOUTH PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) — Philadelphia police have released the name of the driver who was shot and killed by an off-duty officer on Monday in South Philadelphia.

Khalil Lawal, 31, of Arlington, Virginia, was pronounced dead a few hours after the shooting.

It all began around 7:30 a.m. Monday near Broad and Bigler streets.

Chopper 6 was over the scene of an officer-involved shooting in South Philadelphia on January 29, 2018.

Investigators say Lawal apparently tried to use his black Honda hit a person who had just gotten out of a car.

Then, on foot, Lawal chased another person who had tried to detain him, and then charged at the off-duty officer after he approached, leading to a violent struggle.

During the struggle, the officer fired about ten shots, hitting Lawal in the torso, legs, and face.

The detective suffered minor injuries and has been treated and released from the hospital.

The struggle between the suspect and the officer was caught on video, Commissioner Richard Ross said during a news conference late Monday.

However, he said he was concerned about the number of shots the detective fired….
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Philadelphia County)

I've been wondering just how much power does a D.A. have in the city? I thought the D.A. only had hands on the court system but the things that I have been reading about the guy go beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That would depend on who he has the goods on
    Guy's an outsider so to speak so I'm not sure what he'd have on anybody important.He can't give orders to the police without the cooperation of the top cop,can he?
    The DA is the top county prosecutor. He sets the tone that his staff will follow. (Sort of like how Sheriffs set the tone on LTCF’s). Usually the DA and PD try to get on the same page. However Krasner is the first DA that is this progressive/radical. He really isn’t an outsider, he has been in Philly for decades, just on the other side of the aisle.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    The DA is the top county prosecutor. He sets the tone that his staff will follow. (Sort of like how Sheriffs set the tone on LTCF’s). Usually the DA and PD try to get on the same page. However Krasner is the first DA that is this progressive/radical. He really isn’t an outsider, he has been in Philly for decades, just on the other side of the aisle.
    Thanks for the update and information.I knew that Krazner had been in Philly for years,he does not seem to be particularly well liked by City Hall and the police department is what I meant when I called him an "outsider".
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    https://www.jihadwatch.org/2018/01/p...d-khalil-lawal

Exposing the role that Islamic jihad theology and ideology play in the modern global conflicts
    Philadelphia: Driver who tried to hit pedestrian, then attacked officer identified as Muslim named Khalil Lawal

Jan 30, 2018
    Jihad Watch
    By Robert Spencer

Philadelphia Islamist Terror Car Ramming Attack by Khalil Lawal 31 from Virginia 2018-1-30 - Pho.JPG

The driver was “Khalil Lawal, 31, of Arlington, Virginia.” Khalil Lawal of Arlington, Virginia, 31, has a Facebook page (doubtless it will soon be taken down). He is a member of the group Jannah Al-Firdaus, which says: “Jannah [Paradise] is my Goal My happiness is my Imaan [faith] and my Imaan [faith] is in my heart and my heart doesn’t belong to anyone but Allaah. In the Name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful Alsalam Alaykum…”

“Investigators say Lawal apparently tried to use his black Honda hit a person who had just gotten out of a car. Then, on foot, Lawal chased another person who had tried to detain him, and then charged at the off-duty officer after he approached, leading to a violent struggle.”

Last June, the Islamic State published a poster depicting an SUV driving over a heap of skulls and bearing the legend “Run Over Them Without Mercy.”

And the Islamic State issued this call in September 2014:

So O muwahhid, do not let this battle pass you by wherever you may be. You must strike the soldiers, patrons, and troops of the tawaghit. Strike their police, security, and intelligence members, as well as their treacherous agents. Destroy their beds. Embitter their lives for them and busy them with themselves. If you can kill a disbelieving American or European — especially the spiteful and filthy French — or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be….If you are not able to find an IED or a bullet, then single out the disbelieving American, Frenchman, or any of their allies. Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him….

“The struggle between the suspect and the officer was caught on video, Commissioner Richard Ross said during a news conference late Monday. However, he said he was concerned about the number of shots the detective fired.”

Is the detective about to be made a scapegoat for the “Islamophobic” crime of stopping this jihadi?

----

“Driver shot, killed by off-duty officer in South Philadelphia ID’d,” WPVI, January 30, 2018 (thanks to Orange Martyrs):

SOUTH PHILADELPHIA (WPVI) — Philadelphia police have released the name of the driver who was shot and killed by an off-duty officer on Monday in South Philadelphia.

Khalil Lawal, 31, of Arlington, Virginia, was pronounced dead a few hours after the shooting.

It all began around 7:30 a.m. Monday near Broad and Bigler streets.

Chopper 6 was over the scene of an officer-involved shooting in South Philadelphia on January 29, 2018.

Investigators say Lawal apparently tried to use his black Honda hit a person who had just gotten out of a car.

Then, on foot, Lawal chased another person who had tried to detain him, and then charged at the off-duty officer after he approached, leading to a violent struggle.

During the struggle, the officer fired about ten shots, hitting Lawal in the torso, legs, and face.

The detective suffered minor injuries and has been treated and released from the hospital.

The struggle between the suspect and the officer was caught on video, Commissioner Richard Ross said during a news conference late Monday.

However, he said he was concerned about the number of shots the detective fired….
    My surprised face...

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Odd name for an Irishman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Guys name is Khalil Lawal. Go figure. Angry Irish guy I think. Someone called him a Mick.
    Uh Oh, Streaker's responses are skipping through the time warp worm whole again.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Jesse Hartnett might disagree with that statement
    He was just a lone wolf and not linked to any overseas terrorist organizations, or any of their wholly owned subsidiaries.

How many lone wolves do you need to be considered a pack?
    Last edited by RockIsland; January 30th, 2018 at 11:03 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Uh Oh, Streaker's responses are skipping through the time warp worm whole again.
    Nope, I was first, I just knew he was going to say that and beat him to it.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Bucks County)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast