Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: NRA-ILA turns off their review/rating on FB

Thanks Phil. I'm so tired of the people who find every excuse to run down the nra. They will be the first people in line on their knees with their guns in out stretched arms pleading not to go to camp. If the nra is broken, fix it. Cant do that from the outside. Same crap. Tiny fraction of total do all the hard work. Same people who hate welfare ride the coat tails of the nra and always have. Free lunch. Oh fuds, yes they hate fuds got a name for all kinds of gun owners they think dont support the 2nd in the way it should be. Then they trash the one organization responsible for the right existing to 2018. Send your check with a letter telling them what you think. That's how you get your message across. Let the fake media know you are weakening the nra on the progressive attack dog Facebook is just going to get you disarmed that much faster.
    Last edited by Gunsnwater; January 27th, 2018 at 04:49 AM.

(Montgomery County)

I'm with Phil and Gunsn on this one.
    It's healthy to debate and argue and disagree, but we need the NRA as much as we need the GOA and others.
    There are ways to be actively involved and to voice disagreement that do not involve harming our own 2A allies.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Franklin County)

I've recently finished paying off a Life Membership on their payment plan (took me about 7 years). I too am pretty unhappy with some of their positions, but now I feel I'm in a position where I can make my voice heard, and vote, but send a clear message when they come asking for more, and get turned away. I do recognize their clout, but now that I am a fully-paid Life Member, 100% of my "pro-gun activism money" is going elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Thanks Phil. I'm so tired of the people who find every excuse to run down the nra. They will be the first people in line on their knees with their guns in out stretched arms pleading not to go to camp. If the nra is broken, fix it. Cant do that from the outside. Same crap. Tiny fraction of total do all the hard work. Same people who hate welfare ride the coat tails of the nra and always have. Free lunch. Oh fuds, yes they hate fuds got a name for all kinds of gun owners they think dont support the 2nd in the way it should be. Then they trash the one organization responsible for the right existing to 2018. Send your check with a letter telling them what you think. That's how you get your message across. Let the fake media know you are weakening the nra on the progressive attack dog Facebook is just going to get you disarmed that much faster.
    So in your little dream scenario it's the hardliners who want zero compromise who are going to cave.

Without bump stocks and binary triggers we will surely be cut down to pieces anyway. So you keep sending your money and your little notes to them, I value my money and time more and send it elsewhere until all the current t long time greed filled major players are gone.

NRA History Revisited
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ory-revisited/
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 27th, 2018 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I've recently finished paying off a Life Membership on their payment plan (took me about 7 years). I too am pretty unhappy with some of their positions, but now I feel I'm in a position where I can make my voice heard, and vote, but send a clear message when they come asking for more, and get turned away. I do recognize their clout, but now that I am a fully-paid Life Member, 100% of my "pro-gun activism money" is going elsewhere.
    Same here I received the ballot yesterday and will vote as well.

(Lancaster County)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GunLawyer001 again."

Guess you continue to post pertinent and timely truths my friend!
    Cool signature line goes here..
    ..or here, cause I got me a Bronze subscription and I get 2 lines...

(Crawford County)

I’m in every pro gun organization I can afford to be in because I plan to keep my guns and pass them down to my kids. That includes the NRA.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The media and the gun grabbers need their boogie man which is the NRA regardless if they are involved or not. I can tell you there are a shit ton of posts over on the NRA's Facebook page right now from their members in Mass and NJ asking where the hell they are and what do they plan to do and it's all nothing but crickets from what I see.
    How do you know all of the negative posts were from Members. Because they say they are? I wasn't aware the NRAs facebook page was only open to members. You know there are dozens of antigun groups that encourage or even pay their members to post negative posts all day long (and of course they will all give it a one star rating). I wouldn't be surprised if an employee at facebook isn't tapping the one star rating all day either.

Divide and conquer......That is the antis game plan now. Take to social media with hundreds of shill posts and get the pro gun groups arguing with each other. Better yet stop sending in money.

Apparently it is working.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

~snip~

Stop attacking the fighters on your own side of the trench. You don't have to support the NRA, you don't even have to vote for Republicans. But stop giving aid and comfort to the enemy, who is laughing at you.

If I had a web page that allowed people to leave comments, I expect that I'd periodically notice that the jackals were goading their minions to swarm and overwhelm it with mass "opinions" that were no more valid than bot postings. And I'd shut down comments until the next shiny object distracted them. That's the new dynamic in America, we get mobs of frothy, enraged-for-this-minute folks who safely join in lynching the NRA or Trump or Harvey Weinstein (he deserves it, though) or bump stocks or acid rain or Islamophobes or homophobes or whatever the current Minute of Hate designates for our mindless wrath. As a free citizen who does his own thinking, I choose not to participate in witch hunts; I will not be one of the villagers storming the castle with a pitchfork just because there's safety in numbers.
    GL I really respect your opinion, and there are very few times that I disagree with you, but this happens to be one, and I strongly disagree. I highlighted a portion of what you said and it could just as easily apply to the NRA.

I do not believe they are just asking the ATF to take another look at these stocks as they pertain to the definition of machine gun.

I quote the NRA open statement
    The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations.
    I can admit when I am wrong. I was wrong that I thought no way in hell is Trump going to get elected. I may be proven wrong here too, but it seems to me that the claim by those fighting the NRA that we stand a better chance of defeating legislation than we do from a bureaucracy welding the power to alter definitions is not wrong.

*ETA: Upon further reading your comment I do not consider myself a mindless mob person easily distracted by shiny objects, and while my tenure as a freedom loving second amendment supporter is undoubtedly much shorter than many belonging to this forum, yourself included, I have evolved to my position by objectively evaluating the positions. I used to get mad at those that didn't join the fight or were anti-NRA now I have joined them for what I believe to be just cause. Nobody here has to agree with me but I'll not again support the NRA regardless of what anybody calls me.
    Last edited by ExFlyinguy; January 27th, 2018 at 10:48 AM.
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I don't recall the last time any faction won a war by trying to destroy its own allies.

The gun-banners fear the NRA. The NRA is less than perfect, as any large group is, but so what? If you join the Left in attacking the NRA, you will be judged by your new friends.

The NRA encouraged ATF to take another look at the statutes regarding machine guns & bump stocks. The alternative was for Congress to revise the statutes, change the definition of "machine gun" so that it includes bump stocks.

If ATF looks at a law that defines an MG as a gun that fires more than one shot per pull or function of the trigger, and they look at bump stocks, they should end up saying "we were right the first time" and move on. If Congress revises the law, then bump stocks are gone, just like SAW's were gone from 1994-2004.

Stop attacking the fighters on your own side of the trench. You don't have to support the NRA, you don't even have to vote for Republicans. But stop giving aid and comfort to the enemy, who is laughing at you.

If I had a web page that allowed people to leave comments, I expect that I'd periodically notice that the jackals were goading their minions to swarm and overwhelm it with mass "opinions" that were no more valid than bot postings. And I'd shut down comments until the next shiny object distracted them. That's the new dynamic in America, we get mobs of frothy, enraged-for-this-minute folks who safely join in lynching the NRA or Trump or Harvey Weinstein (he deserves it, though) or bump stocks or acid rain or Islamophobes or homophobes or whatever the current Minute of Hate designates for our mindless wrath. As a free citizen who does his own thinking, I choose not to participate in witch hunts; I will not be one of the villagers storming the castle with a pitchfork just because there's safety in numbers.
    ^^^^^^^^This. In WWII we might not have liked the Russians, but we needed them and several other countries on our side to win the big war. If we had tried to alienate, attack or destroy Russia while fighting the Axis countries, a much larger portion of the world would probably be speaking German and Japanese now.

I don’t like NRA’s stance on bump stocks, I’ve expressed my opinion on them before. Should people criticize the NRA? Sure, we live in America after all.

Should we try to limit/ destroy the NRA’s influence because we disagree with them on an issue? That’s foolish imo.

Should the NRA leave a trail (1 star reviews and a page full of criticism) out there for antis who look at the the NRA as the number one bogeyman to their wishes and desires to disarm us all. Basically giving them firepower and the ability to crow "the NRA is losing power with it’s own base, our efforts are working, send more money and let’s crush the NRA once and for all, hey senator, here’s what the 5 million NRA members really think of them." No, it’s not in their best interest or the interest of pro 2nd supporters.

I will send letters to the NRA letting them know what I think and vote in ways that I think promote my ideas. I will give to other organizations in addition to the NRA. But I will also still support the NRA because at their core they don’t want antis to win the national gun battle. They do not want to see us speaking a language where "remember when we had the right to carry and own guns in most states" becomes a common part of our lexicon.
    Last edited by internet troll; January 27th, 2018 at 10:51 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast