Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Calif has developed gun confiscation that rivals Hitler's SS. Also,Weatherby leaving.

From GunsAmerica This Week

New California Law Imposes Court Process for Confiscating Guns
    by JORDAN MICHAELS on JANUARY 25, 2018

Long a pioneer in gun confiscation, California lawmakers have developed a brand-new way of ensuring “dangerous” felons relinquish their firearms.

As part of Proposition 63, those convicted of crimes that prohibit firearm ownership will be required to provide proof that they have surrendered those firearms to local law enforcement or a licensed firearm dealer.

The move, according to the Los Angeles Times, is designed to reduce the backlog in California’s Armed and Prohibited Persons System (APPS). Which currently includes the names of over 10,000 residents of the Golden State.

Whereas most states are content to wait until a prohibited person is caught with a firearm, California’s approach is much more proactive. The California Department of Justice cross-references known firearm owners with individuals who have been convicted of felonies, deemed mentally unstable, or given domestic violence restraining orders.

All such individuals are placed on the APPS list. That allows a special gun confiscation unit to visit those people and ensure that they relinquish their firearms.
    Confiscating firearms is never safe or cheap. California lawmakers infused the APPS program with $24 million in 2013. And agents cut the number of people on the list from 20,721 people in mid-2013 to 10,634 in 2016. (End)
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

2010 census put Kalyvornja's population at 37,254,000 (rounded), projected to be 39,590,000 in 2017. I would submit that many for various reasons avoid eposure to census takers. It would be interesting to know that estimate and what percentage of APPS are in that segment or should be.

Meanwhile, world-reknowned Weatherby is leaving Kalyvornja and setting up business in friendly Wyoming. How friendly? The governor of Wyoming told Weatherby "Here's my cell number. Shoot a text to me anytime."
    Last edited by Bang; January 26th, 2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Capitalize Kalyvornja

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Calif has developed gun confiscation that rivals Hitler's SS. Also,Weatherby leav

Kalyvornja?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Calif has developed gun confiscation that rivals Hitler's SS. Also,Weatherby leav

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    Kalyvornja?
    Ja ja Comrade
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Philadelphia County)

LOL!
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    As part of Proposition 63, those convicted of crimes that prohibit firearm ownership will be required to provide proof that they have surrendered those firearms to local law enforcement or a licensed firearm dealer.
    "Surrender"

As in give up with no remuneration?

No option to sell them?

Is that not illegal?

(Crawford County)

Quote Originally Posted by Krichardson View Post
    LOL!
    Why don’t they just make it easy. The blueprint for this was established in Poland and Hungary when the Germans simply made possession of a firearm a capital crime punishable by immediate death by firing squad if you didn’t turn over the ones you had. That’s where it’s headed right? Soon we will all be on the NICS list. Wait, did I pay that parking ticket?

(Allegheny County)

Too bad. You live in California. Suck it.

Massachusetts just bumped it up a notch with confiscation without compensation. This is not an issue that is localized to one place or another, the more individual states get away with this kind of shit the more states will follow their examples. It is only a matter of time before something like this is presented to the people of PA and if Wolff get's a 2nd term then expect something to come down the pipe.

(Crawford County)

For all the NSA sweepers out there, I DO NOT own a bump stock or slide fire....repeat I DO NOT own a bumpstock or slidefire. Just because I read this thread and watched this video does not mean I in anyway condone the use of those evil pieces of plastic. There. I feel better.

I wonder how many bumpfire stocks there are in Mass. and how many will get turned in. Two....maybe three.

(Bucks County)

The move, according to the Los Angeles Times, is designed to reduce the backlog in California’s Armed and Prohibited Persons System (APPS). Which currently includes the names of over 10,000 residents of the Golden State.
    I believe Clifornia has a lot more than 10,000 convicted felons..............What is this article talking about?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast