Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Calif has developed gun confiscation that rivals Hitler's SS. Also,Weatherby leav

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Too bad. You live in California. Suck it.
    I say that to the guy's I work with in NY all the time.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Calif has developed gun confiscation that rivals Hitler's SS. Also,Weatherby leav

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I believe Clifornia has a lot more than 10,000 convicted felons..............What is this article talking about?
    The APPS System (as spelled out in your quote) is "Armed and Prohibited", not just prohibited. There are currently over 10,000 prohibited persons known (can you say "registry"?) to own guns - the system aims (pun not intended) to disarm them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Too bad. You live in California. Suck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I say that to the guy's I work with in NY all the time.
    Why do you tell guys who are in NY that they live in California?

(;

(Montgomery County)

In Pennsylvania, if your significant other obtains a Protection From Abuse order against a person who is known to have purchased firearms (and thus exists in the Record of Sale database), or the court asks the person under oath if they possess any firearms, is the person not required by law to relinquish their firearms?

(Lehigh County)

California does have a lot more than 10,000 convicted felons. I believe the list the CAL DOJ was using were people known to have legally acquired firearms that were not somehow seized or otherwise accounted for when they became prohibited.

CAL DOJ officers would knock on the door, wearing their jumpsuits over their uniforms because they did this off duty and without warrants, so they had to talk their way in... and a lot of folks let them.

The $24 million referenced in the article (I thought it was actually $25 mil) was "removed" from the California Dealer Record Of Sale (DROS) fund, a one paragraph piece of law that basically said fees would be collected for every dealer sale to be used to facilitate background checks, maintain the Dealer Record Of Sale and provide CAL DOJ staff to run the system. It clearly stated that if fees collected were more than needed to operate the system, that the fee amount had to be reduced.

There should never have been a significant positive balance to "remove". Especially because at this particular time the CAL DOJ had been doing everything in its power to deny DROS checks for as many purchasers as they could, by any means possible, often for months. (They had either just been, or would soon be sued for these practices.)

Instead of hiring more agents to actually do the job they were getting paid to do... approve lawful firearm sales, then CA AG, current replacement for Barbara Boxer's Senate seat, and short-lister for the 2020 Democrat Presidential Ticket Kamala Harris "removed" the money to pay for her un-warranted goon squads' overtime while they tried to trick their way into citizens homes and disarm them.

Said "removal" of funds was apparently unlawful enough for the CA Assembly and Senate to rush through a revision to the law allowing for this new appropriation, but not un-lawful enough to have her removed from power or even dragged through a negative press cycle.

California gun owners are fighting the fight every way they can, but even when they win... they lose somehow.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    "Surrender"

As in give up with no remuneration?

No option to sell them?

Is that not illegal?

Reading the 5th amendment, it says that property can not be taken for PUBLIC USE without compensation.

I'm not sure how "we" are claiming that we must be compensated for guns surrendered. They aren't being taken for "public use".

What do I know though. If I'm wrong I hope someone can show me the error in my interpretation.

(York County)

If confiscations begin I predict an increase in politician mortality rates........................................

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    If confiscations begin I predict an increase in politician mortality rates........................................
    I predict an increase in compliance and complacency.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Truth. Highly doubt the majority would stand up and fight...literally. They'd be branded terrorists and unfortunately a large amount of people in this country wouldn't know the difference between a man/woman standing up for their rights, and a wack job

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post

I predict that you are a predictor extraordinaire!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast