Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Angry Massachusetts is moving fast to band bump stocks

This State Is Moving Fast to Ban Bump Stocks

bearingarms.com/erika-h/2017/10/13/mass-house-of-reps-passes-bump-stock-ban/
    10/13/2017

Posted at 5:00 pm on October 13, 2017 by Erika Haas

While Congress is busy arguing over how to pass a bump-stock ban, the Massachusetts legislature is already half way there.

Earlier this week, the state’s House of Representatives approved the joint petition by Democrat state Representatives David Linsky and Cynthia Stone Creem Linsky to ban the “sale of devices that increase the rate of discharge of certain firearms.”

Rep. Linsky believes bump stocks and other devices like them only have one purpose: “to kill or wound as many people as possible in a short period of time.”

According to the Mount-Vernon Registrar News, persons found in possession of one could face anywhere from three to 20 years in prison. However, it is unknown how the state will deal with Massachusetts residents who already own these devices.

Regardless, the proposal had nearly unanimous support. Only three out of 154 lawmakers voted against the legislation.

Author's Bio: Erika Haas
    https://bearingarms.com/author/eh-ba/
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Massachusetts is moving fast to band bump stocks

The bump heard 'round the world...

(Allegheny County)

Nah. That can't happen. Not with Trump in office.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Paul Revere, Sam Adams, John Hancock, John Adams etc all lived in that state a few hundred years ago.

Hard to imagine now.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Columbia County)

Their Mass. Senate has their own version that appears to limit itself to Bumpstocks and trigger cranks. It offers a definition of both. It doesn't appear to include binary triggers.

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.ne...crank-bump.pdf

The house version is similar to the Feinstein version so now both houses have to settle the differences before it goes to the Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    Their Mass. Senate has their own version that appears to limit itself to Bumpstocks and trigger cranks. It offers a definition of both. It doesn't appear to include binary triggers.

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.ne...crank-bump.pdf

The house version is similar to the Feinstein version so now both houses have to settle the differences before it goes to the Governor.

I wonder how many of these bills being passed around are just written based on what some senator's intern happens to know about guns. Did they leave out binary triggers on purpose, or did they just not know about them.

I have a feeling a lot of this is just based on what they happen to see in the paper, and not much actual research is being done.

I am sure there are a few knowledgeable gun grabbers, but the majority probably know nothing about this stuff.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post
    I wonder how many of these bills being passed around are just written based on what some senator's intern happens to know about guns. Did they leave out binary triggers on purpose, or did they just not know about them.

I have a feeling a lot of this is just based on what they happen to see in the paper, and not much actual research is being done.

I am sure there are a few knowledgeable gun grabbers, but the majority probably know nothing about this stuff.
    This was discussed in another website where someone commented that the Mass. senators were swamped with phone calls opposing the house bill, so they watered their version down. I believe the senate version says that if one holds license to own machine guns in the state they can own the devices to be banned. However if that is true I would suspect a licensed machine owner owns a real select fire so they probably won't have much interest in a bump stock or trigger crank.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; October 14th, 2017 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    This was discussed in another website where someone commented that the Mass. senators were swamped with phone calls opposing the house bill, so they watered their version down. I believe the senate version says that if one holds license to own machine guns in the state they can own the devices to be banned. However if that is true I would suspect a licensed machine owner owns a real select fire so they probably won't have much interest in a bump stock or trigger crank.
    These restrictions could happen to us at the Federal level too, if we're not careful! We need to be swamping our Federal lawmakers with PHONE CALLS, faxes, emails, and let them know that we OPPOSE these bills and all other anti-gun legislation:

Tell them we want them to support and cosponsor the following bills:
    I am not a lawyer.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post
    Sam Adams.
    ...my favorite lager.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    ...my favorite lager.
    Not in this house; Yuengling , Straub, Duke, 'arn; any PA beer ahead of a beer from any leftist state.

On topic - did we expect anything different from a leftist enclave?
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast