Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default 717 Armory (Gunsmith)

717 Armory just opened up this past Friday on Jan 20, 2018. I saw that they had a gunsmith on site and I called to ask for pricing to install a muzzle brake on my AR-15. When I called I spoke to the owner without realizing it. He told me that the gunsmiths set their price and he didn't know exactly what it would cost, but somewhere in the range of $30 to $35 dollars. I go in today with my AR and I ask to speak to the gunsmith. I ask the smith what it would cost for my muzzle brake and he tells me that he would have to speak to the owner. He comes back after checking in and tells me it will be $45 to install. On the plus side he said it would only take him 15 minutes to do. They completed the install in about ten minutes.

I don't know how much other gun shops charge for a quick install like this but, $45 for 10-15 minutes of work seems a little steep. I paid with no complaints but I doubt I will use their smith again. The employees were nice and I BSed with one of the employees while I waited. Aside from how much the install was I had a good experience, next time I will try their range since it is much closer to my house than Trop is.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: 717 Armory (Gunsmith)

I’d never pay that much for a muzzle break install unless it needed to be pinned.

(Monroe County)

It's a business not a charity.
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco the Iroc View Post
    It's a business not a charity.
    I understand that, I wasn't trying to say I wanted a discount or anything. I was just stating that the prices seemed a little high. I went to Lanco and they told me installing an extended slide stop on the glock my wife had would take maybe 20 minutes. They did it in about 5 and only charged $5. I've been to Staudt's to have them fix my screw up with a Ruger MKIII, they charged me $30 for probably 20 or thirty minutes of work and they told me it'd be $75 an hour or something close to that. That's just what I'm going off of. Not trying to knock their business, because they just opened, but I was trying to let everyone know my experience. That is of course if you are referencing me, Iroc.