717 Armory just opened up this past Friday on Jan 20, 2018. I saw that they had a gunsmith on site and I called to ask for pricing to install a muzzle brake on my AR-15. When I called I spoke to the owner without realizing it. He told me that the gunsmiths set their price and he didn't know exactly what it would cost, but somewhere in the range of $30 to $35 dollars. I go in today with my AR and I ask to speak to the gunsmith. I ask the smith what it would cost for my muzzle brake and he tells me that he would have to speak to the owner. He comes back after checking in and tells me it will be $45 to install. On the plus side he said it would only take him 15 minutes to do. They completed the install in about ten minutes.

I don't know how much other gun shops charge for a quick install like this but, $45 for 10-15 minutes of work seems a little steep. I paid with no complaints but I doubt I will use their smith again. The employees were nice and I BSed with one of the employees while I waited. Aside from how much the install was I had a good experience, next time I will try their range since it is much closer to my house than Trop is.