Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Vector Uzi or Keltec folding rifle

I have a Vector Uzi carbine which I kinda like, but damn the thing is heavy. Unloaded it's an 8lb chunk of steel. I'm going back and forth about a keltec folding carbine or even the cz carbine in 9mm. I mounted a red dot on the uzi which shoulders quite nicely, but again the weight. Big plus is that I think a tank could roll over it, and it would survive. The plastic stuff not so much.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Vector Uzi or Keltec folding rifle

That weight helps with the recoil. Take the folding stock off and put a wooden one on, big difference on shouldering.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by chutestrate View Post
    I have a Vector Uzi carbine which I kinda like, but damn the thing is heavy. Unloaded it's an 8lb chunk of steel. I'm going back and forth about a keltec folding carbine or even the cz carbine in 9mm. I mounted a red dot on the uzi which shoulders quite nicely, but again the weight. Big plus is that I think a tank could roll over it, and it would survive. The plastic stuff not so much.
    The problem with the semi auto UZI is like you said the weight, in addition it has the ridiculously long barrel and in a sense it is kind of obsolete. IWI did come out with the remake of the Semi Auto Micro UZI pistol with a Sig brace, but the thing looks horrible.
    If you want a 9mm pistol carbine and you have a Glock 19 I suggest looking into getting one that accepts Glock mags. I wouldn’t worry about polymer framed carbines unless you want to drive a tank over it. Ruger just came out with one that accepts a variety of pistol mags however it’s not that tactical looking. There is the SIG MPX that is metal framed but it’s heavy and so is the price. Of course there is always the AR 9mm made by several companies. CZ scorpion carbine does have a very plastic look to it and the early models had a problem with the positiion of their safety level.

(Lebanon County)

uzi
    Last edited by brian; January 22nd, 2018 at 09:00 PM.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

SBR an Uzi and this is a moot point.

If this is purely for the fun factor...Go Uzi.