Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Need a gun club sponsorship

My buddy, who lives in Kutztown, in looking for a place to shoot. He's a newbie, (I'm teaching him the basics), but he'd like a place where he can join. Been living here 11 years. Anyone willing to sponsor? He'd like a place where guests are welcome (i.e.ME!) We stopped by the Perryville GC range yesterday, but the signs were big and clear...NO GUESTS. He'll soon be joining PAFOA to post for himself, but thanks in advance.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Need a gun club sponsorship

In the Kutztown area I can think of 3 places. Kutztown rod an gun, not a member so not sure the rules about guest shooting. Heard the food was good tho. Second is topton fish & game. buddy shoots there, says they have guest passes. Third is perry township game association, they do have guest passes. Buddy said guest passes an memberships form are available right at the range.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    In the Kutztown area I can think of 3 places. Kutztown rod an gun, not a member so not sure the rules about guest shooting. Heard the food was good tho. Second is topton fish & game. buddy shoots there, says they have guest passes. Third is perry township game association, they do have guest passes. Buddy said guest passes an memberships form are available right at the range.
    Thanks Tek. Is it just a membership application? Do any of these clubs require members to sponsor new members? Most of the clubs down hee in Chester county do it that way.

(Berks County)

Perry and topton you can get the application online, mail them in or drop them off right at the club. You don't need to be sponsored at either to join. I don't know enough about Kutztown tho, can't answer that.

(Berks County)

Not many clubs anymore allow free guests. All 4 clubs I belong too need a purchased guess pass and most of them are not much cheaper than the yearly membership. Just join Perry if your friend does as it is reasonably priced club and they have that new steel shooting bay. They have applications at the range and if I remember right you can fill it out and put it in the clubhouse and start shooting right away.