Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
If you can claim dual residency, that is if you own property in two different states, have homes on the properties, pay the real estate taxes and live in the homes at different times of the year, then you would be considered a dual state resident. When you are residing in one of the homes you are considered a resident of that state according to the BATFE (and PA), even if you don't have a PA drivers license (the tax statements fulfill the requirement). As such, while you are living in your PA abode, you can file Form 1's and Form 4's with the BATFE using your PA address. I have done this several times for dual state residents (NY, FL, IL, but not NJ). I first time I did it I called the NFA Branch and talked to them about it and how to go about it. Actually, if it is for a suppressor, you don't even go through the PSP when the background check is done because PA does not class suppressors as firearms. So PA FFL/SOT's are allowed to use the NICS system to do the BGCs (we are locked out of NICS for everything except doing "other" (NFA) BGCs).

Just remember, just because you own property in PA does not make you a PA resident - you must have an abode with a street/mailing address and live there when you are in the state. I do not think a hunting camp is considered an abode by PA, but I'm not sure about that.
Sorry to bump this really old thread, but I was wondering if you could talk more about the mechanics here? My official residence is in WA. I have inbound NFA items (SBR+Suppressor) whose stamp processing time won't survive a pending WA AWB. So, I'm trying to figure out if I can take delivery in PA. I have a home (for 5 years) in PA that I reside in for 3 months of the year and whenever I visit. How do I convince a shop of this interpretation of residency? Any friendly shops in the Pittsburgh area?