Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Any "firearms custodian" businesses in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Wasn’t this a convenient photo(shop)* for the Warren Commision :

* Or whatever existed at the time

They had amazing technology for their day.

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    It's generally legal for a person to store firearms in another state, IF there's no transfer of custody and control. That means you could legally keep a gun safe in your friend's house, and keep your non-NFA guns in there, as long as he has no access to the inside of the safe.

What would be illegal, among many other things is:

(3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State, except that this paragraph (A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to purchase or possess such firearm in that State, (B) shall not apply to the transportation or receipt of a firearm obtained in conformity with subsection (b)(3) of this section, and (C) shall not apply to the transportation of any firearm acquired in any State prior to the effective date of this chapter;
    . . . .
    (5) for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to (A) the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or an acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence, and (B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

What if the person in PA has a LTCF? Hypothetical example,What if my brother (NJ Resident) wanted to leave some of his guns in my (PA Resident LTCF Holder) safe for an extended period of time?
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by 7998 View Post
    What if the person in PA has a LTCF? Hypothetical example,What if my brother (NJ Resident) wanted to leave some of his guns in my (PA Resident LTCF Holder) safe for an extended period of time?
    The problem is federal law; you can't do private transfers across state lines, unless a federal exception applies.
    Last edited by GunLawyer001; January 26th, 2018 at 06:03 PM.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Susquehanna County)

I always thought it could be a good business along certain corridors to get licenses and facilities and offer gun sitting for folks who commute into NY, NJ and MD.
    Just like the Smokin Joes cheap cigarettes on the PA side that all the NY'ers cross to do business with.
    Offer gun lockers and gun smith/cleaning services, maybe ammo and supply sales - No gun sales! PA resident crossing into one of the peoples republics could drop off their handgun and retrieve it when crossing back into PA.

Hell maybe even automated gun lockers for 24 hour service. Use finger print and facial recognition to release the firearm back to the owner if after hours

You folks away from the borders might not be interested but all those living near borders this could be a great thing. OR?

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    They had amazing technology for their day.

Dang I didn't know Lee Harvey did rock and roll LOL

Phil the raccoon story.. I was under the impression the PAGC didn't need search warrants since animals cannot take out a complaint. They only needed probably cause ie "Ah we believe there to be a wild animal in captivity"
    I used to work with several PAGC thugs..
    PASP and local LEO if they didn't think they had enough for a search warrant to be issues would call up PAGC Gestapo and tell them they believed Mr X was jacking deer at night. PAGC would search the house/garage/barn/property, etc and upon finding evidence of illegal doings (meth lab, pot growing, etc) would then invite the awaiting LEO to come and arrest the criminal.. and I personally know that DEP used it for a guy in Wellsboro that was taking toxic waste barrels and dumping it on his back 40. DEP couldn't get a warrant. Some anonymous person called the local PAGC saying suspect was killing deer out of season and dumping the carcass on his back 40. PAGC found the local dump and called the local LEO and DEP in.
    Last edited by Parrisk; January 26th, 2018 at 05:37 PM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    I always thought it could be a good business along certain corridors to get licenses and facilities and offer gun sitting for folks who commute into NY, NJ and MD.
    Just like the Smokin Joes cheap cigarettes on the PA side that all the NY'ers cross to do business with.
    Offer gun lockers and gun smith/cleaning services, maybe ammo and supply sales - No gun sales! PA resident crossing into one of the peoples republics could drop off their handgun and retrieve it when crossing back into PA.

Hell maybe even automated gun lockers for 24 hour service. Use finger print and facial recognition to release the firearm back to the owner if after hours

You folks away from the borders might not be interested but all those living near borders this could be a great thing. OR?

Dang I didn't know Lee Harvey did rock and roll LOL

Phil the raccoon story.. I was under the impression the PAGC didn't need search warrants since animals cannot take out a complaint. They only needed probably cause ie "Ah we believe there to be a wild animal in captivity"
    I used to work with several PAGC thugs..
    PASP and local LEO if they didn't think they had enough for a search warrant to be issues would call up PAGC Gestapo and tell them they believed Mr X was jacking deer at night. PAGC would search the house/garage/barn/property, etc and upon finding evidence of illegal doings (meth lab, pot growing, etc) would then invite the awaiting LEO to come and arrest the criminal.. and I personally know that DEP used it for a guy in Wellsboro that was taking toxic waste barrels and dumping it on his back 40. DEP couldn't get a warrant. Some anonymous person called the local PAGC saying suspect was killing deer out of season and dumping the carcass on his back 40. PAGC found the local dump and called the local LEO and DEP in.
    It's probably legal (depending on all details) to rent lockers to folks for lawful purposes, the way they do at bus stations (according to the movies; I haven't been on a bus since high school). It's problematic to take custody of people's guns. There's a narrow path that's legal, but it's a poor business model to accept those daily risks for the kind of money that people would be willing to pay for that service. Your profits would be wiped out in a single criminal investigation.

The PAGC has a long history of ignoring the Constitution, with the help and authority of the Legislature. There's a statute on the books that makes it illegal to refuse to supply ID upon demand of any PAGC officer; that law was held to be unconstitutional as applied. I think it's still on the books, though.

It's possible that you waive some of your rights IF you apply for and accept a hunting license, but for everyone else, the Bill of Rights still applies no matter what uniform the agent of the state is wearing.

The thugs who showed up at my door asked me if I'd applied for a hunting license that year; I had not, and they were denied admission. If I had, they may have had the right to enter and inspect my fridge and whatever else the courts have not yet limited them from fishing through.

I have not been impressed by the caliber of the fish cops I've dealt with so far. They seem like wanna-be's who aren't good enough to be prison guards or mall cops. I hope that there are exceptions, and that they are actively working to improve their overall level of professionalism.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234