Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Any "firearms custodian" businesses in PA?

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Since you need a FOID card and permit to buy a firearm in NJ(1) , I assume they have a non-registry/registration/database of guns purchased in the state and the owners , they know who has what and just might come a-knockin. (2)
    (1) yes and no. TECHNICALLY, you do NOT need an FID card to buy a pistol, since you need the p2p and it has all the info on it already. An FID is needed to buy long guns or pistol ammo, and no ID is needed (short of age verification) for rifle/shotgun ammo.

(2) the FFL I deal with complies minimally with the state requirements, which means everything is on hand scrawled paperwork. His handwriting would make an ER doctor proud.
    So if the state police want to task people to spend years thumbing through old sheets of paper, they're more than welcome to.

OK , but there is an official paper trail to MOST guns sold/bought in NJ , correct?
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

IANAL Come to Pa. with your guns for a range trip. Go shooting. Never return to nj with the guns. Leave them with a Lawyer or a Gunsmith. Move to Pa. and get what's yours! IANAL
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Can't picture an attorney agreeing to baby-sit firearms unless it was some kind of client need. And I think the attorney would need to possess at least a LTCF to possess them without transfer if firearms per se.

[QUOTE=GunLawyer001

I'd also be very careful about storing firearms with anyone due to a PFA being issued. PA's laws on that are very picky, and somewhat harsh. You need to fill out paperwork from the Sheriff, very quickly, for the storage to be legal.[/QUOTE]

Phil...am I correct in assuming the "PFA" stands for "Protection From Abuse" ? Also, I just had an offer from a former co-worker of mine that he would hold my stuff at his house (in PA) until I relocated provided that it would not put him in legal jeopardy. He is not a "gun guy", but there is nothing preventing him from owning or possessing them. My "stuff" consists of 1 or 2 rifles that MIGHT be reclassified as "assault rifles". In addition, there would be a crap-load of 15 round magazines, if NJ went with the 10,5 or 1 round limit. Would it be legal for him to store the rifles?

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldRetiree View Post
    Phil...am I correct in assuming the "PFA" stands for "Protection From Abuse" ? Also, I just had an offer from a former co-worker of mine that he would hold my stuff at his house (in PA) until I relocated provided that it would not put him in legal jeopardy. He is not a "gun guy", but there is nothing preventing him from owning or possessing them. My "stuff" consists of 1 or 2 rifles that MIGHT be reclassified as "assault rifles". In addition, there would be a crap-load of 15 round magazines, if NJ went with the 10,5 or 1 round limit. Would it be legal for him to store the rifles?
    It's generally legal for a person to store firearms in another state, IF there's no transfer of custody and control. That means you could legally keep a gun safe in your friend's house, and keep your non-NFA guns in there, as long as he has no access to the inside of the safe.

What would be illegal, among many other things is:

(3) for any person, other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to transport into or receive in the State where he resides (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, the State where it maintains a place of business) any firearm purchased or otherwise obtained by such person outside that State, except that this paragraph (A) shall not preclude any person who lawfully acquires a firearm by bequest or intestate succession in a State other than his State of residence from transporting the firearm into or receiving it in that State, if it is lawful for such person to purchase or possess such firearm in that State, (B) shall not apply to the transportation or receipt of a firearm obtained in conformity with subsection (b)(3) of this section, and (C) shall not apply to the transportation of any firearm acquired in any State prior to the effective date of this chapter;
    . . . .
    (5) for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to (A) the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or an acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence, and (B) the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    I skimmed their website. Their legal reach appears to exceed their grasp, although I admire their enthusiasm, and it would be great if such a service were provided in conformity with the laws of PA and NJ. There is a need for it.

For example, "Q: Can I store my firearms in a Self-Storage Facility?" They answered "no". Not exactly true. And by "not exactly true", I mean "false", at least under PA law and federal law.

I'd also be very careful about storing firearms with anyone due to a PFA being issued. PA's laws on that are very picky, and somewhat harsh. You need to fill out paperwork from the Sheriff, very quickly, for the storage to be legal.

The firearm storage site is in NJ.
    It sounds like their FAQs relate to NJ laws, something I know very little about (just enough to avoid the place).
    Last edited by Remington788; January 22nd, 2018 at 08:35 PM. Reason: I forget several words

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    It sounds like their FAQs relate to NJ laws, something little about (just enough to avoid the place).
    The original is in NJ, the one in Easton PA hooked up with them.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    It sounds like their FAQs relate to NJ laws, something I know very little about (just enough to avoid the place).
    Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The original is in NJ, the one in Easton PA hooked up with them.
    Yep, the link was to these guys:
    Elite Tactical Academy
    624 Lehigh Drive
    Easton, PA 18042
    484-373-5466
    eastonpa@gunsitters.com
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    Wasn’t this a convenient photo(shop)* for the Warren Commision :

* Or whatever existed at the time

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast