Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Who carries a weapon light on their edc?

Just curious who carries a weapon light on their edc? Also which firearm and light?

I always carry a flashlight on me and my Shield has a TLR6. I’m considering putting a tlr1 hl on my full sized M&P 9 2.0. I know how important it is to have a standard flashlight and use mine often. I figure a weapon mounted light would make it easier shooting at night since you’ll be implementing a 2 handed grip.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Who carries a weapon light on their edc?

Anything that adds bulk to my edc is a no no for me. Of course I only carry concealed, and never open carry.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere. Voltaire

(Lawrence County)

G22 w/ Surefire X300 for duty, G23 w/ TLR-1HL when off. Streamlight HL-X on me at all times as well. I plan on picking up a second TLR-1HL when my budget allows.

Yes, the TLR-1HL adds bulk, but I can still conceal it with an AIWB holster without any issue. If I'm in a less permissive environment, then I'll remove the light to get something a little less bulky (ie, wearing a suit).

There are a lot of pros and a few cons to carrying a weapon mounted light. For me, the biggest benefit is being able to use a two handed grip while still having illumination on target. The weapon mounted light is not for administrative tasks, or administrative searches of an area. It's specifically for searching and assessing during lethal force encounters, where I want two hands on my weapon while maintaining illumination to positively identify potential threats.

(Fayette County)

I usually carry a Sig229 or a Glock 19 with a Streamlight TRL-1 HL in the cooler months (OWB under jacket or coat).

However, Streamlight just released a much smaller light called the TRL-7. I will be using that once I get the extra cash.

"One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Monroe County)

no light on my carry gun but i do carry a high lumen flashlight on me almost all the time.

(Bucks County)

Premised on a two-handed grip? For many years men shot one-handed, and some went the extra yard and trained with (only) their weak hand as well. Watch TV. Flashlight in weak hand, gun in strong, strong arm supported by flashlight arm. Must work...they're all doing it, before they go to that interview against guns.

Seriously....Maybe it would be wise to not have a flashlight on a handgun during deer season if out in the boondocks. It could be a game law violation aimed at stopping poaching.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Premised on a two-handed grip? For many years men shot one-handed, and some went the extra yard and trained with (only) their weak hand as well. Watch TV. Flashlight in weak hand, gun in strong, strong arm supported by flashlight arm. Must work...they're all doing it, before they go to that interview against guns.

Seriously....Maybe it would be wise to not have a flashlight on a handgun during deer season if out in the boondocks. It could be a game law violation aimed at stopping poaching.
    Problem is when you need to use your off hand for things.
    What if you need to open a door, grab a hold of something, or even clear a emergency jam?
    I much rather have a weapon mounted light and a free hand if there's a FTF or FTE.
    Those few seconds of putting the flashlight in your hand a way could cost a person their life.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I usually carry a Sig229 or a Glock 19 with a Streamlight TRL-1 HL in the cooler months (OWB under jacket or coat).

However, Streamlight just released a much smaller light called the TRL-7. I will be using that once I get the extra cash.

I have a G-19 with the TLR-1 too, And like you, I plan on getting the TLR-7. I never liked how the TLR-1 extended beyond the muzzle.

(Bucks County)

[QUOTEProblem is when you need to use your off hand for things.
    What if you need to open a door, grab a hold of something, or even clear a emergency jam?
    I much rather have a weapon mounted light and a free hand if there's a FTF or FTE.
    Those few seconds of putting the flashlight in your hand a way could cost a person their life. ][/QUOTE]

Excellent forethoughts. Good post.

(Delaware County)

I don't have a light on my carry weapon. When I carry I am rarely in places that would be considered dark or dark enough not to see clearly. Its never been an issue. However, my G34, which is on my nightstand has a TLR4 on it...and I have used it a couple times when a stinking racoon tried to gain entry into the chicken coop.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast