Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leo swatted

(Chester County)

Default Leo swatted

So my wife works at a restaurant / buffet. She comes home from work Sat and tells me 3 local cops were in at lunch time in uniform and somebody must have called 911 and reported man with gun lol. I frequently eat breakfast there and every time well 90% OC AND management is totally fine with it so it wasn't them. This just lead me to think that 911 operators need to be a little better trained in asking questions as noboday civilian or LEO needs to be put in precarious situations

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Leo swatted

That is unfortunate. In this day and age the anti-gunners are rabid with rage and frothing at the mouth to create situations which might otherwise be safe and business as usual, into a shoot 'em up event. The unprecedented levels they will go to, to rationalize their point is so extreme, yet we are acting like it is business as usual, which throws the left further into a tizzy.

911 call centers need to be trained to always ask the right questions, with an ongoing (swatting) event, and making sure the police en route to the scene are kept apprised of any changes in the situation. With the growing numbers of swatting events every year, this should be routine by now...but it isn't. Slow to learn and quick to react...it should be the other way around.

(Bucks County)

Opening post is devoid of enough information to comment. From the OP, I have no idea what happened in that buffet regarding what if any action the police did.

Did the police leave the restaurant to respond? Were they in the restaurant talking about a call they had been on?

What was amiss in the way the 911 dispatcher handled the report? Sorry, I just don't get it. Man with a gun is not necessarily a swatting event.

(Delaware County)

I think he means the cops were eating lunch and someone called 911 saying there was a man with a gun in the restaurant. It sounds like he jokingly called it a swatting event. Or I may be wrong.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Bucks County)

Post #2 doesn't seem to regard it as a joke. Hopefully, given time and discussion, it will become clear.

Maybe it was all a joke. Three cops in the restaurant is at least three guns.

(York County)

Would make a better story if it was a doughnut shop. Just sayin'.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post

911 call centers need to be trained to always ask the right questions, with an ongoing (swatting) event, and making sure the police en route to the scene are kept apprised of any changes in the situation. With the growing numbers of swatting events every year, this should be routine by now...but it isn't. Slow to learn and quick to react...it should be the other way around.
    In theory this is great, in real life it is not always possible.

We get many MWAG or report of a shooting calls with very little info and no answer on a callback.

The other week there was a call reportedly from a child hiding in a closet stating that her parents were just killed and the doers were still in the house. Wouldn’t stay on the line No answer on callback. Talked about an amped up response. Turned out to be false.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    The other week there was a call reportedly from a child hiding in a closet stating that her parents were just killed and the doers were still in the house. Wouldn’t stay on the line No answer on callback. Talked about an amped up response. Turned out to be false.
    So, do charges get filed for false reporting?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    So, do charges get filed for false reporting?
    For different reasons, usually no. In this situation it was an untraceable (burner) cell phone.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    In theory this is great, in real life it is not always possible.

We get many MWAG or report of a shooting calls with very little info and no answer on a callback.

I hear ya...its always easy to put words to difficult actions. But, at least a concerted effort from all parties involved should cut down on these types of calls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast