Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leo swatted

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Leo swatted

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I hear ya...its always easy to put words to difficult actions. But, at least a concerted effort from all parties involved should cut down on these types of calls.
    Generally, there's already a concerted effort. If a caller hangs up and doesn't answer a call back, then it's difficult to impossible to get more information.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    So, do charges get filed for false reporting?
    For different reasons, usually no. In this situation it was an untraceable (burner) cell phone.
    Since it could be argued that at least some people who call in reports like this do not reside at the top of the intelligence scale, I would think the officers - once on scene and having determined it was a fake call - could call the number and see which mental midget checks their phone. For the few seconds it would take, I can't imagine it would hurt to try...

(Chester County)

Sorry late responding just got back to work after 3 months for rotator cuff. LEOs were eating lunch in uniform. 911 the way wife was saying someone they are thinking customer called . She said 2 other cops showed up to investigate and realized that the 3 cops were just there on lunch. No it wasn't a joke I guess my idea of swatting is wrong

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by craigc View Post
    Sorry late responding just got back to work after 3 months for rotator cuff. LEOs were eating lunch in uniform. 911 the way wife was saying someone they are thinking customer called . She said 2 other cops showed up to investigate and realized that the 3 cops were just there on lunch. No it wasn't a joke I guess my idea of swatting is wrong
    No you have it right, I assumed your lol was making light of it as they were cops in uniform and some numbnuts called in a mwag to 911.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

I worked in Phila PD's Radio Room from about 1970 to 1972- when dinosaurs roamed and there was no Caller ID. We got a call once re a group of men breaking into a home using sledgehammers. It was broadcast just like that and officers were on the way with lights and sirens. One officer broke in on radio and said that responders should be careful as this might be a detective raid on a drug or gambling warrant. That what it turned out to be. We guessed the BGs were trying to set off a gun battle between the uniformed officers and the detectives.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12