Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: 16 yr old shot and killed by deputy in Ohio court house

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    I got in a physical confrontation with a cop when I was 14. He beat my ass and arrested me. My father picked me up that night at the station. He beat my ass. Two ass beatings in one night from old dudes. I was humbled.
    My father was (is, actually, at almost 80) barrel-chested with shoulders like cantaloupes.

Back when he raced bikes (hill-climbs) he used to put his '57 Sportster in the trunk of a '51 Ford. By himself. Without a lift or ramps. Picked it up and slid it in.

He used to build micro-midget cars (think mini-sprints) for other people, with roll cages of 1" pipe. He didn't use a tubing bender - he bent the pipe over his knee. I watched one of his cars do a 60mph multiple rollover down the front straight of the dirt track - when it stopped flipping the driver unbuckled, got out, put it back on its wheels, and *drove* it back to the pits, none the worse for wear.

When I was about 13, he put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me in to talk. He said, "You're getting older, you're getting bigger. One of these days you might think that you can take your old man. When you think it, you *may* be right. But pack a lunch - because sooner or later, I'll get up." The message stuck.

He'll be 80 in about 6 weeks, he has had both shoulder and knee surgeries, and I've probably got 50+ pounds on him - I still wouldn't chance it.

Outside of a handful of traffic citations (and one well-documented encounter with SEPTA) I've never had any negative dealings with police. I guess he raised me right...

(Allegheny County)

I dunno...even on my worst possible day, at the peak of my punkitude, it would never even OCCUR to me to assault a cop. I mean...jezuz.....that's just a dumb fucking thing to do, even for a dumb fucker.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    Fair point, although a 16 yo male can be large, strong and kill just as easily and someone older. I don’t think self defense against an individual is age restrictive.
    Looking at the age of some court house deputies, 50, 60, 70s, this ^^^^^ rings true. The mother of said young man is the problem.

(Lancaster County)

He stopped being a kid a long time ago. This was going to happen eventually. And who knows how many people this asshole would have victimized.
    This wasn’t Minority Report it was self defense. .

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I dunno...even on my worst possible day, at the peak of my punkitude, it would never even OCCUR to me to assault a cop. I mean...jezuz.....that's just a dumb fucking thing to do, even for a dumb fucker.
    That's because normal people have boundaries.
    Life is all about making good decisions. Not crossing a line. This lad never knew where the line was. Just because your 16, that doesn't give you a license to be a stupid ass.

I feel bad for the deputy. I doubt He's happy about the outcome.

On another note, being 16?
    Myself at 16, I was 170lbs of lean muscle. Worked out with weights and ran 5-10 miles a week.
    Last edited by SauerGrapes; January 20th, 2018 at 07:49 AM.
    I love the smell of gunpowder in the morning.[

R.I.P......Murphy.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    did the kid have a gun?
    Brian Nichols didn't have a gun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Philadelphia County)

Nichols did have a gun,the one that he stole from the deputy that he beat into unconciousness.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 51158 View Post
    like nobody ever made a really fuckin stupid decision when they were 16....this kid died for it..wild, with what's reported yes.. worth being dead for? sounds like cop answered the challenge with lead, anyone can that.. wonder how much his training cost? all that money for "BANG I'm done here"

life is so cheap now-a-days.....as far as the other "won't have to support him for 50years" glad you're OK with a death of a stupid KID over a disagreement..I'd love to know how you came up with that conclusion!
    I'm OK with his death too, no lost sleep over here and I'm glad that the LEO is OK too. IMO the kid has demonstrated his stupidity more than once and I doubt that the instance that got him that ankle bracelet was his first. I'm also in the camp that feels relieved for the residents of Ohio who won't have to carry his burden 'til he dies at age 90. We have real world problems, we don't need jackasses like that mucking up the works.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Yeah, the kid didn't have a gun. With one good punch he would have had ONE.

some people bring killing on themselves. if it wasn't then it would have been some other place some time sooner or later

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast