Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Here is what is in store for ALL US GUN owners......

Let's see... ATF has announced it's intention to de facto write law when it has no right to do so, and it wants me to submit comment that they will do what with....formulate what amounts to illegal law? Why should I participate in that illegal activity in any way?

I agree that the ATF, as an enforcement agency, should receive direction from Sessions and Trump. Sessions knows the applicable law or has cadre that does.

ATF has made clear its intent to violate the constitutional provisions for writing and enacting law. The fight is with those who represent the people in such matters who are not only remaining inactive, but may actually be actively participating in harming the people.

Trump should be getting the heat. Heat is a metaphor for leverage. What if Trump has plans to not remain in office for a second term? There goes the heat.

Again, I would write comments to ATF, but I will not voluntarily trade my right to maintain a modicum of privacy in order to do so. By what law must I agree to public publication of my name, address and phone number to make my comment acceptable? That's bullshit. If agreeing to showing name address and phone number was a requirement to post on poofa, I think the membership would not support the site.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Williamsmith View Post
    I am still considering comment.

Like me, a lot of gun owners are weighing the consequences of making a statement that might be analyzed not by a human but by a computer algorithm which simply puts you into an intelligence file at BATF. If that sounds too paranoid well think of the history of the BATF and what you just titled this thread for possibilities.

Moreover, your comment can be traced to this forum and other forums that you are active in where all that you have posted in the cyberspace could be used to further create a threat assessment. The federal government values your voluntary intelligence data.

If in fact, your concern is that all out war has been declared against gun owners, then you should be aware the opposition is capable of obtaining this information from the web even if BATF is not going to be nefarious with the content.

Do I want my government to listen to reason and not react to extreme fear mongering and made up data? You bet. But am I confident that ship hasn’t already sailed? History would teach a cautious lesson about trusting your enemies.

I am more interested in the future of gun lobbying on behalf of the millions of gun owners. That’s where the real power is. With the bail out on the NRA being the main issue currently due to them throwing bump stocks out as bait for national reciprocity......a lot of influentials like Tim at MAC are pressuring peers to drop their advocacy for the NRA. There are still some big players recruiting for the NRA. While we fight amongst ourselves....our opponents are rubbing their hands in anticipation.

I have the utmost respect for those who have taken the time to comment. I hope your pleas are listened to.
    That worked out well for the Jews. Hide, they won't come for you. Might as well be on their side.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Let's see... ATF has announced it's intention to de facto write law when it has no right to do so, and it wants me to submit comment that they will do what with....formulate what amounts to illegal law? Why should I participate in that illegal activity in any way?

I agree that the ATF, as an enforcement agency, should receive direction from Sessions and Trump. Sessions knows the applicable law or has cadre that does.

ATF has made clear its intent to violate the constitutional provisions for writing and enacting law. The fight is with those who represent the people in such matters who are not only remaining inactive, but may actually be actively participating in harming the people.

Trump should be getting the heat. Heat is a metaphor for leverage. What if Trump has plans to not remain in office for a second term? There goes the heat.

Again, I would write comments to ATF, but I will not voluntarily trade my right to maintain a modicum of privacy in order to do so. By what law must I agree to public publication of my name, address and phone number to make my comment acceptable? That's bullshit. If agreeing to showing name address and phone number was a requirement to post on poofa, I think the membership would not support the site.
    Stand up now while you can. I did.

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post

You asked what if Trump has no intention of a second term. IMHO that's even more reason to follow through with his god damn promises of being pro-second amendment. *sorry for my profanity
    "It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Delaware County)

I don't see this going anywhere, unless they want the wrath upon them. What makes you think this will go thru, when they couldn't get a ban on green tip ammo? Another attempt to catch us sleeping at the wheel. Let them Fn regulate whatever they want...enforcing it is another thing...and the ramifications to putting out a regulation with the rule of law behind it is just another Faux Bitch attempt to disarm Americans...Douchbags will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I don't see this going anywhere, unless they want the wrath upon them. What makes you think this will go thru, when they couldn't get a ban on green tip ammo? Another attempt to catch us sleeping at the wheel. Let them Fn regulate whatever they want...enforcing it is another thing...and the ramifications to putting out a regulation with the rule of law behind it is just another Faux Bitch attempt to disarm Americans...Douchbags will never change.
    Well for one thing 300K + people gave enough of a shit to let them know what they thought vs 7150 now many of which are a anti gunners telling them to do it. Another reason is the NRA backs this unlike the ban on green tip where they were constantly sending out alerts to comment. Congress is okay with it and word is its coming down from the AG for the ATF to move forward with it after they already reviewing it to be legal within the law two or three times already.

The boogie man in the room is made up of a lot of people and the ATF seems to be taking all the brunt.

Late note:

Ask yourself why we have green tip but no more 7N6, if your answer is because gun owners didn't give a shit because it didn't effect the majority of them then you have the right answer.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Well for one thing 300K + people gave enough of a shit to let them know what they thought vs 7150 now many of which are a anti gunners telling them to do it. Another reason is the NRA backs this unlike the ban on green tip where they were constantly sending out alerts to comment. Congress is okay with it and word is its coming down from the AG for the ATF to move forward with it after they already reviewing it to be legal within the law two or three times already.

The boogie man in the room is made up of a lot of people and the ATF seems to be taking all the brunt.

Late note:

Ask yourself why we have green tip but no more 7N6, if your answer is because gun owners didn't give a shit because it didn't effect the majority of them then you have the right answer.
    There is a lot of bark and no bite on many of these purposefully ginned up events. Everything is being polled by both sides of the table to see what sticks and what doesn't. It seems this is going to be just another "event". Some of this crap is being done to effectively keep the 2nd Amendment groups on their toes 24/7. The Left is on a longer crusade and has a considerably longer perspective and approach than we do. With Trump in office the hysteria needs to be maintained...well, I am not buying into it.

(Allegheny County)

When you consider that the NRA and most gun owners don't give a flying fuck if bump stocks get banned, I don't see how it's even remotely comparable to the green tip ammo thing.
    This can happen fairly easily and there's not going to be any "wrath" if it does happen. And what good would "wrath" of angry gun owners do anyway after the stuff is banned?

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    There is a lot of bark and no bite on many of these purposefully ginned up events. Everything is being polled by both sides of the table to see what sticks and what doesn't. It seems this is going to be just another "event". Some of this crap is being done to effectively keep the 2nd Amendment groups on their toes 24/7. The Left is on a longer crusade and has a considerably longer perspective and approach than we do. With Trump in office the hysteria needs to be maintained...well, I am not buying into it.

Good for you!

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Good for you!
    Where is the logic in the arguement? Are they going to require an NFA stamp for belt loops next? Am I going to have to register my finger as a trigger extention? Perhaps a trigger control device?

The stupidity coming from the left, the government, the ATF is laughable at the minimum, grossly dysfunctional long term. This is not reality...its PC run amok. Its stupidity in its simplest of forms.

And that is why I have chosen not to get into this stupid arguement. And some of you are being baited into it. Once you achnowledge their points, they got you. Do what they do and ignore everyone of their stupid, left leaning, psychophantic remarks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast